• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone see the new Lord of the Rings?

Gollum is funny :D and the special effects makes him very real. There are some changes to the original story, so if you've read the book be prepared for some changes. I liked the movie mostly because of Gollum.

How drastic are the changes?

I read the book, and It gets kind of boring when they are walking through that long staircase through the mountain to mordor for 30 chapters...

Originally posted by Peo
Gollum is funny :D and the special effects makes him very real. There are some changes to the original story, so if you've read the book be prepared for some changes. I liked the movie mostly because of Gollum.

Talk about multiple personality disorder. :D

I saw the movie last night and personally I thought it was very good. Definetly better than the first one and the three hours were worth it in my opinion. I also like Golum. He was introduced as being a bad being but then turned into a great funny character, but I definetly felt bad for him at times.

The who movie was great, but I did not like the way the forest trees kept interrupting the battle sences. Oh well, it was still excellent in my opinion. Also, if you haven't read the book like me, sit by one of your friends that have so that they can explain to you what is happening if you get confused.

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I wanted to comment on this movie (I saw it while I was in Brunei). I personally think the movie was terrible. The special effects were spectacular, but when it came to the plot, it almost seemed as if the scriptwriters had never read the book. Unfortunately, the changes were for the worse. Far worse than Fellowship, and uncomparable to the actual book. :(

Last edited:
I like the film, this coming from one who has never touched such genre of books. The fighting scenes were good, especially the final battle. :D

its a good film, much better than the follewship of the ring. got to love the battle sences. Unfortunely i throught they put too little spotlight on the ring which seems to take forever to get anywhere.

i've never read the books, but i like the movies so far....found the first one a little difficult to follow (dwarfs, elves, hobbits and monsters)....but the two towers i think has great effects and gollum is my new hero (see my sig and you'll know why!!!)

btw, i HATE froddo.....what a little faggy boy...he should either grow up and handle the ring like a man or he should just give in to it once and for all....this whimsy "now i'm mean, now i'm faggy" stuff is boring

there you go, that's my 5 cents worth (cause my opinions are worth more than 2 cents) :D

I've seen the first LOTR movie, and will see the second soon. Seems like I'm the only one among my friend who didn't think the movie was all that great. It was long, lost focus a lot of the time, and the battle scenes were just a little unbelievable and boring. But apparently thats just me.

Two Towers was unbelievable when it came to visual appeal. The battle scenes were spectacular - I don't think you'll be disappointed with this one, if you're looking for exciting battle sequence. The problem is that the sequences don't really fit in with the plot at all, and they were so darn long that they actually got boring. In addition, it didn't match with the plot of the book - Helm's Deep was one chapter in the book (and a comparatively small battle), but this movie made it seem like the turning point in the storyline. This movie loses focus way more easily than Fellowship, but if you're looking for graphics, this is your movie. :)

Back