• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone here ever go on a summer college trip?

syd

NLC
NLC
Where did you go? How much did it cost?

I'm planning on going to the old country (Hungary and Russia) in Summer 2003 (I need the 18 months to save), however I might still change my mind. Ideas!!

What do you mean by college trip?

I have been to Ireland, and it cost ~3500. (for the airfare) I billeted out with the worst deadbeats ever.

I would like to travel to Sweden/Iceland/Netherlands and Russia and Eastern Europe.

First I will travel around North America. I Would like to know my own country/continent before traveling afar.

Be sure to save enough so that you can afford decent accomodation. I spent a few nights in a hostel and my sleeping bags got flea infested.

I've been to both Hungary and Russia (Budapest and Moscow only). For Budapest i don't remember how much I spend (actually i was 12 and my parents paid for everything) but last year I went to Moscow and it wasn't all that expensive.
I went there from my country but from the US you can find a ticket there for as low as around $450 if you buy it really early (10 months earlier) or about $900 if you leave it late (2 months).

In Moscow my hotel was Intourist. Its supposed to be 4 stars, but with western standards its not even 3 (no aircondition). But its right next to the red square and its really cheap. (i don't remember exact price)

Gayowulf, 3500 (even if you mean canadian) is a total rip off !!!!

Originally posted by Theo

Gayowulf, 3500 (even if you mean canadian) is a total rip off !!!!

thats what Iremember it being, though I could be wrong.

It was round trip airfare. Vancouver-London, London-Cork

I've been to both Hungary and Russia (Budapest and Moscow only). For Budapest i don't remember how much I spend (actually i was 12 and my parents paid for everything) but last year I went to Moscow and it wasn't all that expensive.
I went there from my country but from the US you can find a ticket there for as low as around $450 if you buy it really early (10 months earlier) or about $900 if you leave it late (2 months).

How did you like it in Hungary? The way my family talks about it, the streets better be paved with GOLD! :D lol I really REALLY want to go to Russia, I always have!! Can you still view Lenin?

Dusty: Same thing I guess, but I'll be going by myself (maybe with a tour group, hopefully

Oh, okay. I didn't know if this was some practice I'd not heard of before. I'll answer your question then.
Where did you go?
In order of distance away, I've been to pretty much everywhere here in America except for Alaska and Hawaii (+ Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Croix), Canada, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, St. Lucia, England, Spain, France (+ Guadeloupe and Corsica), Monaco, Germany, Austria, Malta, Vatican City, and Italy (+ Sicily). I'd like to go to eastern Russia, Ireland, and maybe around the Far East, it looks interesting. I'd also like to go back to Germany once I improve my speaking German.
How much did it cost?
I don't know. I try at all costs to avoid concerning myself with prices, they just makes and otherwise pleasurable trip stressful.

I don't remember much about Hungury. I was 12 at the time, and thats more than 14 years ago :confused2
At that time Hungury belonged to the eastern block, so things must have changed a lot since then.
What I remember is that Hungary seemed to be more "western" than Chehoslovakia. I remember Danube river and the numerous bridges that conected what was once the Buda and Pest towns (see, trips can be educational !! :D ) .. but i don't remember any golden roads :)

I remember I lot more from Moscow because i went last year. I really liked it there. The only thing i didn't like was the several beggars .. it was really sad. Other than that it was great.
What I remember most was when i went to the Ostankino TV tower which is the tallest stracture in Europe ... that tower got burned just one month after my visit there :cry2:
(by the way ... i visited the Twin Towers in New York in January and by Sept. they were gone !! .. maybe i shouldn't visit tall buildings again !! :confused2 )

I don't remember much about Hungury. I was 12 at the time, and thats more than 14 years ago :confused2
At that time Hungury belonged to the eastern block, so things must have changed a lot since then.

I think it's probably still cheap (although not nearly as much when Communist), I talked to my cousin and she said she only makes $0.20/hour! Then again... it's McDonlads :rolleyes: Who'd of guessed?

And no, that's not me

Back