• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any word on Muttle yet?

bliles

Has anyone heard anything from Muttle yet? It has been over a week now since it went down. Or is it ever coming back up?

I wish I knew. My co-brand hasn't been up for around a month although some others seemed to be working a few weeks ago.

At muttle.com you get the default plesk page.

:( I like Muttle :(

No, Muttle is not gone forever. No exact time for being back up that I know of, but I know things will be back up ASAP.

Eric,

I've kept my mouth shut this entire downtime but It's been too long...

When will Muttle be back? You're probably under a lot of pressure with your users. Fill me in here - Are you staying with FDC Host or moving on elsewhere?

They obviously can't control these damn spammers so maybe it's time to pull the plug - unless something's holding you back...

The sooner we find a solution, the faster we can get our megahost live and on the air :)

Originally posted by m3i2
Are you staying with FDC Host or moving on elsewhere?

I thought i heard he was leaving FDC, so that might be the cause for the downtime.

Muttle on the move?

Looks like Muttle is making some progress. I'm not getting a 404 error page anymore. Now I'm getting MSN's search page. If we're lucky, maybe Muttle will be back online in another 48 hours, after the DNS kicks in. I wish Eric would confirm this. :p

Last edited:
Muttle's dedicated server was hosted at FDC Servers (www.fdcservers.net), as you know. FDC uses Yipes as their ISP (no cogent zone, and Yipes are their only isp) for their customers' servers. As each server is put online, FDC gets slower, because it is "shared". So, muttle's server and the other servers will become slower and slower if they stay with FDC, because more and more servers are put on line everyday. So that and the somewhat frequent downtime may be why Muttle moved to a different server.

I'm now with layerone, so speed should not be a problem as it's over at least 16 different carriers :).

One of the main reasons it's been down so long is how long it's taking to upload the member database, my uplink to upload is only so fast :).

Originally posted by sophie
What is Muttle?

Free hosting. 100 MB space, unmetered bandwidth. No pop-up ads. (Ad bar/s only, unless the co-brand partner adds pops)

You can offer co-branded Muttle hosting from your own domain with your members using a subdomain (User.YourDomain.whatever) or just get your own account from another site co-branding with Muttle. If you co-brand with Muttle, you get a percentage of the ad space for your own ads.

It's a newish service and except for a few times (like now) where there have been problems caused by @#$%^ spammers, it's been quite decent.

No Muttle update!

Well I don't know about everyone else, but I've about had enough of this couple of hours turning into a couple of days, without any updates from Eric. I'm getting tired of having to apologize to my customers. It makes me look like a liar. How much effort does it take to post here and let us know what's up? The dancing banana is even gone now. Come on Eric, please let us know something, maybe some of us could help. :confused2

Originally posted by Muttle.com
Everytime I try to unzip the massive database the server is crashing.

I'm working with my host on it.

No rush Eric. I would rather everything be right and take longer now then not be running as smooth due to rushing. :D

Thanks Eric

Thanks for the update Eric. I'm not trying to rush you on this. I know it takes time to do these things. I just need a bone once in a while to throw to my customers, so they know we're trying to resolve the problem. Keep up the good work! I'm sure you'll get it resolved soon.

Another set back?

Looks like we might be back to DNS changes again. I'm getting MSN's search page again. If they haven't figured out the problem, hopefully Eric is moving on to a different company. I feel bad for him. I went through the same thing looking for a good web host for my company. The first one deleted 6 months of my work and the backup. The one I'm with now has only been down once in the last year and that was for 2 hours for maintenance. Keep the faith Eric, it'll work it's self out sooner or later. :cool:

Back