• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any really good free message boards out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm under the assumption that you are looking for a remotely hosted board since the is the Free Services forum.

There are a couple:
revamp.net
coolboard.com
ezboard.com
xsorbit.com
everyone.net
bravenet.com

there are a couple more i think but i those are off the top of my head. Are these really good? I don't know. It depends on your specifications of a really good board.

He could also look for non-remotly hosted boards...

than i would recommend Ikonboard, it's really good :)

Originally posted by whatevah

note if you don't have php... ;)

Ikonboard V3 just beat PHBB into history. Check out Ikonboard beta , it's awesome even in beta.

check out the test board at ibhackers.com

BTW if you don't know how to install Ikonboard Ibhackers.com will do it for free, just check the service section.

Ha, phpB is so easy to install you don't need anybody. BTW alpha 2 from phpBB is even better!

Ikonboard is more then just better. The installer is so simple my dog could do it. It looks great, and the skin feature makes it so simple to edit the look and feel.

Originally posted by sianews
Ikonboard is more then just better. The installer is so simple my dog could do it. It looks great, and the skin feature makes it so simple to edit the look and feel.

Wish it would've worked when I tried to install it! :mad:

yeah.. I was suprised it was so easy to set up... I figured that there would be a whole lot of files I'd have to edit...

Originally posted by martian
with ikonboard, you can change the logo and the colors if you want, so it fits also

PhpBB can do more than u imagine. Anyway IB is the good perl script but it use a lot of cpu resource...

Originally posted by matdin97

PhpBB can do more than u imagine. Anyway IB is the good perl script but it use a lot of cpu resource...

Version 3 doesn't. They have re-written the whole code from scratch. Their search routine is so fast almost like vb. Version 3 is the best free board on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back