• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any free domain names other than....

Christy

domainzero.com and namezero? I don't really want one, I;d rather pay for my domain name, but I'm just curious

Somewhat related, but many hosts will pay your domain reg. fees (some for 'life'), if you host with them. I don't think this is the best idea (a few reasons), but just an option.

Also, does domainzero even do this anymore? I thought I read that this was pretty much done with. Haven't checked their site lately...

Oh yeah, I just went there about five minutes ago, and their domain's are still free as long as you purchase either a web package or a URL redirection..so, no, I guess they are not free anymore...I wonder what will happen when people need to renew their domain

Well, their TOS stated something like a $10 renewal fee which is actually quite good. I doubt it will be free though...

NameDemo.com is one you didn't state out.. and also MyDomain.com. I'm wondering myself if there's more services like these. Also.. wonderin of which provides a better service.. NameDemo.com, NameZero.com, or MyDomain.com?

[Edited by Scorpz on 11-18-2000 at 07:04 PM]

They also offer DNS services, but I think there are more reliable DNS and redirection services available elsewhere. For the price it is all good though :)

Do these free domain registration services allow for users to delete their account via e-mail or sumthin? 'Cause I think I might be screwed if I want to change services..

You'd be screwed, yes. Sometimes you can buy the transfer, but you'd have to check the TOS for info on that. (I'm not sure what you mean by "delete your account", but...)

I mean as in a ".com" site I have registered for within their service that I want to dispose of.. that's what I mean by deletion of my account (or should I call it their account..). Thanks though.

Best bet is just to let the domain expire, errr.. or contact them telling them you don't want them to renew the domain... err.. hmmm. Yeah, that is interesting.

So namezero registeres your domain free, and they will charge you to transfer it, but how to get them to drop the name altogether? Might want to contact them and ask, or just pay the money to transfer it.

I haven't heard much on this.

Back