• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Any alternative for Everyone.net ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZX

I used to have an account in Everyone.net long time ago But my friend messed up many things and I lost the MX records set up notification e-mail.

So, I created a new account in Everyone.net lately as I need it for one of my domain site. But then, I discovered that I can't add the domain into my account because another of my account has already been using it.

And now, I have contacted the support team to delete my account. They asked me for the account id and password, and I gave them. Then, I waited for a few days. Nothing changed.

So, I think I should start looking for alternatives so that when I really can't wait anymore, I still can sign up with another.

Okay, after listening to my story, here my question.

Can you suggest me any reliable, fast and good alternative for everyone.net for their free web-based e-mail thing? Best if I can get more advertisement revenue ratio.

I can only wait for about 1 week. So after another week, and nothing changed. I am getting off everyone.net.

Hmm... I think I heard something bad not long ago about them...

And one thing, I don't like their ad banner thing.

Any other?

And by the way, thank you for your suggestion.

Bigmailbox isn't good

Bigmailbox is shitty. I've used email an address on a service that used it and it was shitty, and a friend of mine used it for his domain. He said it's easier than everyone.net but still crappy. http://www.bn3.com is best if you only need a few emails.

Originally posted by ZX
I used to have an account in Everyone.net long time ago But my friend messed up many things and I lost the MX records set up notification e-mail.

So, I created a new account in Everyone.net lately as I need it for one of my domain site. But then, I discovered that I can't add the domain into my account because another of my account has already been using it.

And now, I have contacted the support team to delete my account. They asked me for the account id and password, and I gave them. Then, I waited for a few days. Nothing changed.

So, I think I should start looking for alternatives so that when I really can't wait anymore, I still can sign up with another.

Okay, after listening to my story, here my question.

Can you suggest me any reliable, fast and good alternative for everyone.net for their free web-based e-mail thing? Best if I can get more advertisement revenue ratio.

I can only wait for about 1 week. So after another week, and nothing changed. I am getting off everyone.net.

http://www.i-p.com provides a similar service, I believe. :)

[Already asked in a thread below]
Hey Mandrake, what host are you using because your site is pretty fast considering all the free services you use.

I have different parts on different hosts, but the main page is on BN3... I signed up there about a month before they stopped offering free webhosting.

Thank you. They do offer free web-based email. But... Are they reliable and fast???

Anyone using them or used them before can give any comment?

No!!!!!
See what they wrote...

"You may have a domain that is currently powering an existing website. In this case we require you to migrate your website contents over to our servers and allow Outblaze 50% of the banner advertisement inventory in top (premium position) or 100% of the banner advertisement in the bottom (not prime)."

I am not going to share the advertisement inventory of my site... Any other suggestion?

Originally posted by ZX
No!!!!!
See what they wrote...

"You may have a domain that is currently powering an existing website. In this case we require you to migrate your website contents over to our servers and allow Outblaze 50% of the banner advertisement inventory in top (premium position) or 100% of the banner advertisement in the bottom (not prime)."

I am not going to share the advertisement inventory of my site... Any other suggestion?

Hmm... I didn't know about that part of it... Never have used them, (still using everyone.net, myself). I can't think of any others other than one called turbosport.com, I believe. I don't really know that much about them though... Only heard them mentioned a couple of times here.

Originally posted by Nick
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't i-p.com a ZZN type deal where they get email@whatever.i-p.com ? Or do they use domains too?

When I read their TOS, etc. a while back, you could use domains as well.

That only works if you have tons of space on your account. Most hosts have a limit on the space they give you. I'm not gonna mention the word unlimited in hopes not to start a fight. Whoops! I just said it! :)

If you set up a POP3 system, there are a lot of scripts over at cgi-resources that can access their mailbox, then delete the messages (unlike webmail, or IMAP). The _real_ problem is that most people get free accounts as dummy accounts so they can go and signup for SPA-loaded free services. Thus, you could potentially have a lot of SPAM mail on your servers.

There are places where you can actually get SPAMMER lists for free and block them via sendmail. You can also set quota's if you run your own system.

I personally use both bigmailmox and everyone.net. So far everyone.net seems to be the better, in terms of reliability and ad revenue. Bigmailbox just integrates better though and you have a lot more control...so it all depends on what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back