• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Another new cheap host cost only $14 set up fee

Re: Re: Seems great so far...

Originally posted by YUMAMA

Can you put up the URL of the site that you have hosted with them for us to test the speed to see how fast it is? Thanks.

Meow....did you buy their hosting plan yet?

Gyrbo....did you buy their hosting plan yet?
Allready some weeks. My site: www.site-32.com (Dutch)

Last edited:
Hey guys, coming back to post a followup on directoris services...everything is just as great as last time. Just as fast, just as good. The only problem I've had at all is the bunch of mysql errors I get from vbulletin (always "Link-ID == false, connect failed" or "too many connections")...may just be a misconfiguration though. meow, I'm wondering how I the .htaccess works in my directory fully if the reseller plan does not offer .htaccess access...? You can't just give parts of .htaccess access. It's all or none I believe. And the password protection works by .htaccess and .htpasswd, so if the reseller plan did not support it, how does that work? Anyways, the service is still great, simply unbelieveable at $14. Not counting the price, I'd give directoris an 8. But since its so cheap and you get so much, I believe it deserves a 10 (for now). As long as I they stay this consistent they may be one of the best virtual hosts out there.

You get one mysql db, but you really only need one. You can use many scripts and such with the same db. And yes, all space is shared, db and all.

No, it doesn't need to be full support or none at all.
I don't know if you still talk about the PW protection through the control panel or have you actually managed to drop a .htaccess file in a directory and it worked? In that case what commands work?
For me the simplest ones doesn't work and Directoris explicitly says that they have no support at all for the moment.

Last edited:
Originally posted by meow

YUMAMA!!! You have misunderstood - it's not $14/y. It's $14 for life.

Holly cow!!!! $14 for life? That is great! Oh, yeah, the $14 is for set up fee. I hope for life means that it will be around for the next 50 years because I plan to live that long :D

well I'm just sayig meow that the following files are under my php directory and it is pw-protected:

.htaccess
PHP:
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Restricted Area"
AuthUserFile /xxx/d/c/xxx/xxx/xxx/.htpasswd
require valid-user

.htpasswd
PHP:
xxx:/xxx

I x'd out the sensitive info :)

Yeah, PW works, but have you managed something else? I don't see why they would say they don't have support if they do. And fact is that even the simplest thing like setting the charset makes the directory unusable until you delete the .htaccess. Guess they should have said no support other than PW. ;)

Yeah, I don't use htaccess for anything other than that...I didn't mean to get on your case about that. I'm going to try a few more just because I am picky like that, though.

Don't take me wrong. I just want to be sure since Directoris hasn't been totally clear about this earlier.

hey guys, can I ask you what mySQL setting do you use?
I am having trouble setting phpBB,
username: username
password: password
database: username
server: localhost
I know I can get support from them, but it's easier to hear from other users. :)

Don't miss it, only few day left

The offer is only few day left, so I just wonder any user of Directires have any more comment about it's service because I'going to sign up. Actually, I try to sign up, but facing some problem when I click the sign up form. I will try it later.

All I have to say is that I've been with them since the beginning of this thread, and at first I thought it may be too good to be true. I was wrong. My site has been fast and I have had no problems with them. When I emailed tech support they emailed me back within the next 48 hours. I'd have to say these guys are a great host and I definetley recommend them.

Originally posted by Coalesce
All I have to say is that I've been with them since the beginning of this thread, and at first I thought it may be too good to be true. I was wrong. My site has been fast and I have had no problems with them. When I emailed tech support they emailed me back within the next 48 hours. I'd have to say these guys are a great host and I definetley recommend them.
Yeah, They have verry good support, but my site has been down, but that's donhost. I'm also from the begining from this thread with directoris, but I think about moving to one with less probs.

That was the same problems that took YUPAPA down. They are on the same server. In the long run it's hard to tell how good Directoris will be since they won't stay on donhost forever.

Having problem to sign up

Anyone having problem to sign up with them? I have try fotr the last few day,but until now was not successful. Just send a request for help to their support. Just wondering anyone facing the same problem when you are directted to the order page?

A friend of mine bought an account 2 or 3 days ago. Was fine then. Didn't you have one already? Buying another?

Back