• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Another new cheap host cost only $14 set up fee

:( OK. First bad thing. They have no longer any .htaccess support at all.

:mad: I would like to ask the others that have accounts there if you have configured mail boxes and if you have noted an increasing amount of spam to them?

The spammers could of course just chance on sending to anyone@domain.com, but I have had than domain for a year and had catch them all email earlier too and have never got a single mail to my domain before. I never use the addresses.

It's not cheap at all

It's 56.79 US dollars + pay around $34 US dollars per extra gig over 50 gigs per month

let's say you use about 100 gigs per month
with users

about $1757.00 US dollars per month...

So has anyone got a site hosted there yet? It would be nice to put up your URL if you have them hosting your site so that we can check out the speed.

Seems great so far...

I just moved my site there, and I have nothing but good things to say so far. Speed's great, support responds within a few hours, all Perl scripts and Java servlets work perfectly. They even said it wouldn't be a problem to host mp3s (legal). Meow, they do have .htaccess support, it is automated through their control panel... much more convenient than fiddling with .htaccess manually, in my opinion.

I can't say anything about spam as I have not configured my mailboxes yet... but I really don't care about a few more spam messages, cause it's pretty unreal so far...

programmer2k - what $56.79 are you talking about?

GeneK - They do NOT have .htaccess support. This is conformed by Support. You are referring to setting up PW protected directories in the control panel. .htaccess can be used for a lot of things, PW is just one of them. ;)

oh I see

I understand, on my old host I've used .htaccess only to protect dirs, and it didn't work when I moved it, but it worked through the cp... there's still much for me to learn I suppose :)

I hope this lasts though... for $14 the space and features are unbelieveable.

Yeah, .htaccess is fun. I't looks like it's the Donhost reseller plans that don't support it. I was hoping to learn all in and outs at last. I just assumed it was supported since it's a Linux host :(

Re: Seems great so far...

Originally posted by GeneK
I just moved my site there, and I have nothing but good things to say so far. Speed's great, support responds within a few hours....

Can you put up the URL of the site that you have hosted with them for us to test the speed to see how fast it is? Thanks.

Meow....did you buy their hosting plan yet?

Gyrbo....did you buy their hosting plan yet?

I bought it at the end of last month. Sorry, I don't want to post my URL, you just have to trust me. My site and Directoris' own has the same ping and traceroute. Same with my friends site. My friend also gets the same result for all three sites.

So are you saying that it is FAST?

Is it reliable? Have you notice any down time?

I am interesting in signing up also so I just want to be sure. How do you rate this host on a scale from 1-10 overall? Thanks.

If you read this thread from start, I think you will find everything we know. ;)
Yes, they seem fast. Support is fast and friendly. There has been no problem with the few scripts I have installed. Can't tell much more since I haven't used it much yet. I just decided that I wanted to take this chance since the offer is time limited and unlimited subs is a great feature for me. I actually was thinking of getting another one for future use when I discovered they no longer had .htacces, and I want that. But rumor has it they are getting their own servers and then it will be supported. :)
The stats were a disappointment since you don't get any user data like domain/OS/browser. File stats are OK though.

Just now:

Starting ping - May 24, 2001 03:51:28
Looking up 'www.meow's site'...

Ping Successful
30 packets received/30 transmitted : 0% PACKET LOSS
Round Trip Time (in milliseconds) Max/Min/Av: 233/199/211

Starting ping - May 24, 2001 03:52:15
Looking up 'www.directoris.com'...
Pinging www.directoris.com [195.10.228.132]....

Ping Successful
30 packets received/30 transmitted : 0% PACKET LOSS
Round Trip Time (in milliseconds) Max/Min/Av: 228/195/211

O.K. I think I will sign up. It is a pretty good deal for $14/year. I really like a host that is fast and reliable and has such option as php and MySQL. I think I have found this as a good one. The only bad thing about it is the 5 gig/month limit but for that price, I cannot complain. :D

By the way, how many dbase of MySQL do you get?
Hopefully, it is unlimited, meaning that I can create many names of databases.

Originally posted by YUMAMA
By the way, how many dbase of MySQL do you get?
Hopefully, it is unlimited, meaning that I can create many names of databases.

you can run loads of stuff with one db- just lots of unrelated tables as long as you name them differently you should be OK :)

I'm shy about everything. :eek:

YUMAMA!!! You have misunderstood - it's not $14/y. It's $14 for life. Time limited offer. What it will cost in a couple of weeks no one knows. That's why I was planning for another one. ;)

Back