• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Annoying Chinese Sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the time when I had a free host...

You just have to watch and screen the sites before they are fully active.

I am a Chinese, I think you should add " some", not all the people in your subject.for me, if you add : Other languages are not allowed except English, I will not apply it.

I think here is a friendly place. We do not have prejudice with eachother or countries, if you do not want Chinese to apply it, you can block all the IPs from China, there is no need to talk about it.

Last edited:
Anyone who signs up for my free hosting with anything dodgy in the sign up form will simply not get an account.

In China for some middle and small cities, it's very very difficult to apply a Visa card. It's very easy to host your website abroad, but if you buy the host in China, you must do everything step by step. and in China, most hosting company offer the ASP hosting, not PHP hosting, so it's better you apply a free hosting abroad, most support php. Many want to buy the stable hosting, But as I said , it's difficult to apply Visa card, so, we can not pay for the hosting via Paypal. In fact, to me, I would like to buy the hosting, for a 1G hosting, It's just 30-50 one year. I think most people can afford it. But what boring me is the payment.

It is true. While some bad users come from China, I have also seen abuse from US-based users. It is sad that so many hosts block Chinese users when only a few of them are a problem. Still, I can understand this from the host's perspective, too: abuse cannot be tolerated, and it is hard to know who will abuse and who won't. Since China has the highest percentage of abusive users, it is often easier (but is it best?) to block all Chinese signups.

I say, don't block out our Asian friends completely, that is racism at it's peak.

Instead, for countries with many known offenders, simply buff up the requirements and require manual set up.

I'm also sick of bots from the east scanning my site every minute :eek:

With the 220.1**.**.*** ranges.

So I blocked those guys too :'(

Your point?

We know there are Chinese people around us that's why I posted this.

So your point is to purposely piss people off? People all over the world abuse servers, but you are showing youre racist/prejudice by picking on a specific nationality.

gg263 summed it up, you dont like it ban the IP's you dont need to spout here. And if you dont/didnt check what sites you host, thats your problem.

I manually review all of my accounts, but the only problem users I have had came from Algeria and Nigeria. They were running bank and Paypal phishing scams.

So your point is to purposely piss people off? People all over the world abuse servers, but you are showing youre racist/prejudice by picking on a specific nationality.

gg263 summed it up, you dont like it ban the IP's you dont need to spout here. And if you dont/didnt check what sites you host, thats your problem.

How am I racist I'm half Chinese :rolleyes:

[UW]Glenn;1057235 said:
Wouldn't that be treason then? or at least... Half treason? :p

ehh, no treason it's a fact.

I'm half but I don't even know Chinese :O

People has to accept the fact that most of the Chinese does not follow the TOS it's just a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back