• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

After Google, it's Microsoft.

From what I can understand of that article, it's not going to be regular hosting. It looks like it's more of a hosted groupware application, and I also saw something about e-mail outsourcing.

Most of the people are window users, I guess microsoft will get a monopoly over hosting business, Window hosting providers should start thinking either to shift to linux platform or any other alternate business utmost. :)

Yeah i think that even if there service is crap they will still get customers and lots of them, coz well, its microsoft which is a household name that most people trust.
O, and i didn't know google did hosting? well theres gmail, but anything else?

BEN-MR

I would never host my site with them , infact i would never buy a host from a popular company. Their support is shit.

Seems like everyone is getting into the hosting business nowadays. There are even $1 hosting packages out there.

haha if microsoft gets into the hosting business, im sure it wont be pretty for the rest of you. And their support isnt shit, its when you first call an idiot usually answers, however if you request, they have a technician return the call and follow up on your problem(s). Microsoft is a big --- company, and like always everyone hates the top dog. except me

I don't think this will hit off as big as you'd think. They will get the mom & pop variety of websites - the people who would go with them because of their name. They can't make too much money on people like that. I would venture to say that the majority of web designers will stick with a linux host - they are most popular right now and once you are used to something, its difficult and a pain to switch. Plus, many "geeks", dare I say, don't like Microsoft.

Um, again, they're not trying to sell to the majority of web designers or many "geeks." What they're selling is a hosted groupware application and possibly e-mail outsourcing.

Back