• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Affordable VPS Webhost Request, my 10th anniversary on the site

Yahpoolerz

How's it going. My name is Brad Padgett.

I'm looking for a webhost who can offer me a lot of disk space and a lot of bandwidth for a fair price.

I'm willing to pay anywhere between 200-300 a year starting out. As my website progresses, I will be looking to upgrade to a dedicated server at some point (don't worry about that now).

I need all the things that come standard with a good vps. That means Cpanel X, fantastico, php, phpmyAdmin, ftp, unlimited email accounts, unlimited domain names, unlimited subdomain names, SSL, Javascript, CGI, Perl, all the scripts... etc... all the features.

If you can offer me a trial to prepare my website this is needed. Because it is not finished, and because I am not used to using all the features in cpanel X anymore, I will need time to settle in and get my coding and priorities in order before I upgrade. Which I will, and plan to do so.

I would need 2-4 months to finish coding the site and run some tests. You do not have to give me the same amount of space/bandwidth in the trial than what I'm going to pay for, just enough too make sure the heart of the site will be able to fit as far as disk space goes. Features need to be included in the trial, but don't forget I will be a customer for probably a very long time.

If you want to go ahead and give me 2-4 month amnesty, I have 16 dollars I can pay you now. And then afterwords, continue my hosting for the price we agree on.

I think that's a fair deal.

My website is http://www.thexboxcloud.com

I own the domain name and I'm looking foward to doing business with you.

Also, today is my 10 year anniversary on the site to the date.

So layout a good plan if your a reliable host. Many thanks.

- Brad Padgett

Last edited:
Unfortunately, VPS cPanel licenses cost money...anywhere from $10-15. So it would cost me almost $60 just in license fees to give you a free trial with cPanel.

If you want a free trial without cPanel, I can do that and make a long-term offer.

Unfortunately, VPS cPanel licenses cost money...anywhere from $10-15. So it would cost me almost $60 just in license fees to give you a free trial with cPanel.

If you want a free trial without cPanel, I can do that and make a long-term offer.

Absolutely not, you have been less than helpful. I don't see how you forum jump and post negative comments in every single person's thread. If your not going to offer hosting then don't post at all. I will ignore that.

Cpanel does not require a license for each hosting package. The license is for the entire server and considering resellers have so many customers, a small 60 dollars for an entire server is nothing. That could be made back in 10 minutes if the hoster was a reliable hosting company/business owner.

I'm sorry if you do not have a cpanel license and are trying to sell me your own hosting but I need one who does and they're are plenty who can offer me what I'm asking and for my price, plenty.

8 years ago I was offered Cpanel X hosting and a .com domain name absolutely free and had the website proelitegamerz for a whole year so please refrain from offer's that have nothing to do with the asking requirements. If it isn't exactly what I'm asking but is close, I will take your offer anyway.

$200-300 a year is a prime asking price for my own control panel. I see them advertised for far less many times, I just appreciate this forum and what it has done for me in the past which is why I'd rather find a host here.

Didn't mean to upset you wswd, thanks anyway. But next time, check your facts.

STILL ACCEPTING OFFERS,

Thanks.

Cpanel does not require a license for each hosting package. The license is for the entire server

Sorry to say, but you don't know what you're talking about. cPanel covers the entire server for DEDICATED SERVERS (i.e. shared hosting). VPS licenses cost money for each VPS.

http://cpanel.net/plans-pricing/

There you go. I'm finished trying to help you. Good luck with all the unlimited stuff you're looking for!

And if you don't believe me, even though I've been in business for almost 20 years and have dozens of VPS nodes, here's a thread on the cPanel forum that answers your question:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/setting-up-vps-cpanel-68716.html#post332204

"...you will need 1 VPS license for each VPS running cPanel/WHM on that physical server."

Same goes for Fantastico. So during your 2-4 month "amnesty", you're asking a host to pay almost $20/mo. out of pocket just for the licenses alone.

Dedicated server cpanel's are exactly the same as vps cpanels.... I don't want to take it any further with you so. It takes one license for a server. And dedicated servers are what host the shared hosting in the first place. That's what shared hosting is....

A shared host is a host that shares space on a dedicated server. All a dedicated server is, is owning a whole server that you host.....

I believe my offer's are fair. And they are on the table guys. Let me know.

And if you don't believe me, even though I've been in business for almost 20 years and have dozens of VPS nodes, here's a thread on the cPanel forum that answers your question:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/setting-up-vps-cpanel-68716.html#post332204

"...you will need 1 VPS license for each VPS running cPanel/WHM on that physical server."

Same goes for Fantastico. So during your 2-4 month "amnesty", you're asking a host to pay almost $20/mo. out of pocket just for the licenses alone.

I read it, and he was talking about hosting a second server to run as a platform on his single vps. You need to stop, your not helping and the thread is for webhosts.

Last edited:
Dedicated server cpanel's are exactly the same as vps cpanels.... I don't want to take it any further with you so. It takes one license for a server. And dedicated servers are what host the shared hosting in the first place. That's what shared hosting is....

A shared host is a host that shares space on a dedicated server. All a dedicated server is, is owning a whole server that you host.....

So what in the world are you asking for? Shared hosting or a VPS? You're talking about shared hosting now (yes...one license per server is all that's needed for that), but your title and first post say VPS, which requires one license PER VPS.

So what in the world are you asking for? Shared hosting or a VPS? You're talking about shared hosting now (yes...one license per server is all that's needed for that), but your title and first post say VPS, which requires one license PER VPS.

It's possible that you are right. I have just never encountered a host who has shared with me the information on him having to buy a license for my specific package. So we'll just drop it, if your right, I'm still paying up to $300 a year which is fair. Now on the trial I understand if you can't do it but I need someone who can because the website is not finished yet.

I could go shared but VPS hosting is a much better choice considering the amount of people who will be in my community. A virtual private server would hold up far better in the long run and would be well worth the money.

If you would like to consider a 2 month trial rather than a 4 month, I will take it as an option. Thanks for the help.

- Brad Padgett

p.s. I would take a shared hosting trial before I host on the vps if that's better for you, that way you won't have to worry about anything until the money's in your pocket. I will pay $16 bucks for a trial on either one to last me 2-4 months.

Last edited:
You can't get free trial VPS with cPanel license. Better you can get shared hosting.

It's arlight, I found a host that was very reliable.

Right now I'm on shared. But I will be upgrading to VPS soon so I will take any offers you can give me.

And just forget the free trial, I'll just wait until I get the money which will be soon.

Thanks.

you can have a look at our linux VPS plan and cPanel can be added to it, plus its fully managed with root access ..

Linux VPS-1

Guaranteed RAM 1 GB
Burstable RAM 2 GB
Intel Xeon 16 Cores CPU Equal Share
Fast SSD Raid-10 Disk Space 35 GB
Bandwidth 3 TB/month
IP Addresses 2
Full Root Access Yes
Uplink Port Speed 1 GBPS
Intel Xeon Quad Core VPS nodes with minimum 36GB RAM Yes
VPS hardening, security and management Yes
VPS control panel for VPS administration Yes
Host unlimited domains Yes
Free moving assitance and data transfer Yes
Free weekly backups via large R1Soft nodes Yes
99.9% uptime guarantee Yes
No overselling guarantee Yes
Setup Fee $0
Monthly Fee $39
Datacenter Location Dallas, Texas, USA DC2

To Order: http://www.lagoonservers.com/linuxvps.html

Are you searching stable server for your business then look no further than bodHOST is one of the best VPS providers in the US. This host offers an infinite number of options for building your website and applications. You’ll get goodies like load balancing, advanced monitoring, and DNS administration. These features are perfect for developing powerful platforms for gaming and streaming but will fit all needs.

Exciting news! Upgrade your online presence with our unbeatable bodHOST VPS hosting deal! 25% OFF VPS Hosting plans - Use Code AVPS25. Hurry Up this offer is limited time.

Get the best latest features:

Highly Reliable Servers
SSD Storage
Instant Provisioning
Choice of Plesk or cPanel
24/7 Human Support

Back