• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Advice needed - please help

echoing

I am happy with my current hosting company (http://www.primenethosting.com) - only one tiny issue is making me switch (or at least think about it). I would like to have subdomains.
I am so sick of searching - I've been searching for, reading about and investigating so many hosts that I'm about to go crazy.
As of today I had narrowed it down to three hosting companies:
hostrocket.com, phpwebhosting.com and addr.com. I've knocked addr off of the list due to the many poor reviews I've come across. Phpwebhosting keeps getting bad reviews as well, but they seem to stem from the whole unmetered mb/bandwidth issue. I have a small site, so I am not as worried about those things.
Anyway, I am incredibly close to going with hostrocket. The thing that originally stopped me was the set-up fee (I'm a bum and cannot afford much). However, I've decided my desire to have subdomains is worth forking over an extra $9.95.
Everyone here has much more experience with these issues than I do, so I would appreciate any help or advice you can offer about Hostrocket.com or similar hosting companies.

Thanks so much.

P.S. I cannot spend more than $10/month for hosting.

I haven't heard anything good about addr.com either. But I can tell you that if you go with hostrocket.com, you will never have problems with them. They are leasing their servers from Alabanza and Alabanza is a great company. I would recommend hostrocket.com to anyone, anytime!

Btw, you might want to check out superior-host.com if hostrocket.com isn't your thing. lol.

Hostrocket seems to be a good host, going by all the reviews the company has received.

If your budget is tight, you should know that Hostrocket charges a nominal fee for subdomains (I'm not sure if that's monthly, setup or both).

You might take a look at Below10host. They have plans that have subdomains. $6.95 or $7.95 and no set up fee. Also, they have been a great host for me.

Back