• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Adult host wanted

Peemagazine

After being excluded about 6 times at free webspace providers, I decided to take an paying account for my adult site. But again I have been excluded. I guess because off the loads of traffic my site generates. It was even not fully rebuilt (only 40 Mb, but I inend to make 500 Mb), and it made already about 5.5 Gb/day traffic.
So again I have to find another host. Who can help me with this:
500 Mb (eventually 200 will do)
UNLIMITED bandwidth
adult content allowed
no file size restrictions
1 POP-mailbox, 3 aliasses
FTP upload

I do this for hobby, and I can't spend much money, so 50 $ /month is the absolute maximum.

Please help me soon, as I am losing visitors again bacause my site is down.

Let's do the math, shall we? You are using 5.5 Gb/day which roughly figures out to be 165 Gb/mo. The average provider pays between $2-$10 per Gb. Let's say they are getting a decent deal on it and use $3 as their cost.

$3 x 165 Gb = $495/mo.

Think you're gonna find a host for $50/mo? Keep signing up with those hosts that provide you with 'unlimited transfer', heh.

The best deal I could find you is twice the cost for 1/2 the bandwidth you need. Just stop looking, as there really is no point. If you're willing to put up the cash, then we'll talk.

You're walking into a Porsche dealer with enough money to buy a used Yugo. It just isn't going to happen. Maybe we need a cheaper hobby?

>put ads on it. If you must, force them to click

Only PPM (pay-per-impression) ads are interesting, but most are prohibited for adult sites.
Clickthrough banners attract too few interest (only 2.5% in the best case), and are therefor unlikely to be lucrative.

In addition, most affiliate plans don't allow forced clicking (and they really check this out!).

If you might know a sponsor programme that really pays big bucks for a site with up to 20000 pageviews/week (8000 uniques), I would like to hear about it at first hand. The absolute maximum I managed to make once, was 250 $ / month, but due to several downtimes and loss of visitors, this figure has dramatically dropped to about 25$.

gamma.com (or was it gammae) has a $.15 clickthru payment
pretty good for an adult site.

Also, you might wanna use teen-mail... $1/subscription

Back