• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Adobe Software not installing?

cococomics

Hey, I was trying to install Adobe pagemaker 7 on this computer at my school. The Window with all the installations came up, and when I click "Adobe Pagemaker 7", the "preparing installation" window comes up (or whatever window that is) and when it gets to 100%, a little window with no text or title comes up and the only thing to do is click the OK button, which takes you back to the installation window. Any advice? Thanks.

I agree, thats what happens when we try to install anything at our school too. Just nicely ask the school admin and tell them why the program is needed and im sure they'll have no problem installing it for you.

The computer is for the journalism/newspaper staff, so I think the admin is already logged on there. Unless there is a school admin? Plus the same program installed fine on another computer right next to it. Maybe I should check on the computers specs? Anyway thanks for the suggestions!

you cant install programs at school because they have a program known s a fortress. thats the software that stops you going on programs you shouldn't and stops you going on control panel, you cant get past this with out a password, and i think you press ctrl shift and esc and then a password box opens you need to type it in there or go to the main school servers and install there , thats how you install programs at my school any way.

The network at my school is set up to where programs cannot edit, add to, or delete the registry unless it is a "GCPS Certified" program. (GCPS is Gwinnett County Public Schools). Those programs are usually Word, Publisher, and most other Office programs. Not much else. Installing a program includes modifying the registry, so it would not be allowed.

Admin would not be logged onto the computer already. That's a major security risk, as netadmin can view all activity throughout the whole network. That would include teacher's computers, Principal's computers, other student's, etc.

I would try to use another program such as MS Publisher.

If that doesn't work, there's always a way around such restrictions. Especially if you're running on the Windows 2003 Server domain.

Back