• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Ad system for my site

ppsz

What would you suggest for generating good ads and also ads that are poular for a social networking site.
Is google adsense the best bet?
I think it is too common so no one will hit the ads since it is the same ads everywhere but if there was another system, I would be interested.

You can customize google ads in your own way. In that case, visitors will not recognize them.

If you want another solution, try BitVertiser.

If you want another solution, try BitVertiser.

Bidvertisor sucks.

Anyway, I have the best results with adsense and affiliate ads. Use affiliate ads that match your site content and you will have the best results. I just use the adsense for filler revenue.

I vote for adsense as a good revenue generating method too. You will need a lot of traffic to your site for the revenue to be good though. I have very little success with affiliate marketing on the other hand. I have tried sending emails to my users on web hosting offers but none seems to bite ... Adsense revenue is more straight forward.

I've always used Adsense with good results, I've also had little success with affiliate marketing - I think that requires a lot of time and effort in getting the right visitors, whereas with Adsense you just need clicks.

Google disabled my AdSense account doing nothing. :(

They are not fair. I did not violated any TOS. But the account was disabled. The reason they gave me is "Invalid activity". I appealed for it. Let's see what is their decision.

There are literally dozens of programs just like AdSense, but most of them will require you to stay completely away from any shady activities. If marketing is your cup of tea then make sure to create mini sites because 2-3 page sites are no longer accepted.

Google disabled my AdSense account doing nothing. :(

They are not fair. I did not violated any TOS. But the account was disabled. The reason they gave me is "Invalid activity". I appealed for it. Let's see what is their decision.

That sucks. This happens a lot with small publishers - I think they tend to one to push the smaller accounts out. They are much more lenient if you are sending a lot of impressions/clicks.

Back