• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Accesses & Visits

ashben

I've used some log analyzer & web statistics applications, and have always wondered as to what is the difference between accesses and visits. For example : a site may get 5000 accesses but just 1000 visits.

What I guess is that visits are basically unique visits and accesses are each hit on the server (for images/files etc).

The standard web terminology is pageviews [prob you visits] and hits [prob your accesses].

A pageview is whenever a page is loaded in its entirety. A hit means anything that is accessed on your site...i.e. pics, sound, files, even email...

Hits are generally do not mean anything to someone maintaining a site. Pageviews are everything.

Another thing is unique visitors which of course is how many different visitors been to your site...

So, these are the web standard words... hope you can apply them to your own use...

Back