• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

About the recent problems

Well done Todd :), Was Todd ever present here posting wise ?, Or has he just been the man behind the scenes when things go wrong?

Took awhile, but at least everything is coming back. Hopefully.

** I think I'm only down like 50-100 posts. Not too bad.

No, not again :( . My rep is negative again :( and lost a lot of posts. I know there is know way out :|.

Hope this time everything goes smoothly :).

Ok. Look like we are good to go again. Did not lose much of post but just glad to see FWS back.

nearly exactly a year since his last post, Come back Todd :(

I've been hiding in the shadows. :) Actually I just got married this past weekend and I haven't had much spare time. I really can't take any of the credit as there are still issues to overcome. It was a pretty simple situation where part of the existing web site was vulnerable to an exploit so we isolated the forum on a new server and ensured we had the latest version of the software (vbulletin and behind the scenes).

We may be able to restore some of the missing posts with time. I'll need to contact vBulletin to see if there is an easy way to just restore some missing threads/posts without confusing the heck out of the rest of the vbulletin software. Regardless, I apologize if you're missing posts. Some people have too much time on their hands and resort to attacks like this. It's one thing to research and test exploits for fun, it's quite another thing to intentionally destroy data. Thankfully the security of the box itself wasn't impaired and we do have log data to review.

I've been hiding in the shadows. :) Actually I just got married this past weekend and I haven't had much spare time. I really can't take any of the credit as there are still issues to overcome. It was a pretty simple situation where part of the existing web site was vulnerable to an exploit so we isolated the forum on a new server and ensured we had the latest version of the software (vbulletin and behind the scenes).

We may be able to restore some of the missing posts with time. I'll need to contact vBulletin to see if there is an easy way to just restore some missing threads/posts without confusing the heck out of the rest of the vbulletin software. Regardless, I apologize if you're missing posts. Some people have too much time on their hands and resort to attacks like this. It's one thing to research and test exploits for fun, it's quite another thing to intentionally destroy data. Thankfully the security of the box itself wasn't impaired and we do have log data to review.

Keep up the good work Todd and my sympathies on the wedding. :p

Keemy sympathies on the wedding. :p

lol, yeah, why get married, divorce is expensive. ;)

ha, on a serious note Todd, congrats. i hope you enjoy marriage as much as i do, and hopefully you guys will stay together. always remember it is important to stick together in thick and thin bro. good luck.

**EDIT**
OH NOES, we lost the good smilies. is the thread still around for getting back the stfuradio, johnson, gtfo meksi, and colin smilies. they were a must have.

Back