• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

About Managed Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

samdonna

Managed hosting is when a web hosting provider provides services for their dedicated servers. Managed hosting can be thought of as having the space and independence of a dedicated server, but with the perks and services that are provided to shared-server packages. As businesses continue to grow online, so has the requirement for managed security, storage, and database monitoring. :talk:

Nice to know you know what "Managed Hosting" is. A better one could be find n Wikipedia and other wikis and dictionaries.

May I say that the purpose of discussions boards is to "discuss" various topics, not to make/read statements.

I believe that if you are experienced enough webmaster, unmanaged hosting solution will be ok, as you know how to manage everything related to the server.

Managed solutions are for those who don't want to spend their time managing their servers.

I have seen that some companies offered Third Party management services.

Do you think that it will be worthy to deal with them and use hosting services from other company?

I suppose that every company provides its own quality of management service..
If you are looking for quality managed service, ask experienced webmasters here.

Managed hosting is more expensive. On unmanaged hosting is cheaper, but you have to deal with problems to chose software that will utilize less RAM/CPU and optimize them for that.

I'd agree that managed service is more expensive, but what you will do if you are not an expert in managing your own servers.

managed will be much better.

Can agree with you Rob.. Customer hosting reviews show how stable and reliable the company is from their clients standpoints.

That is a useful tip to me! While as a software staff, it seems useless!

Quit spamming ever topic you post in. I've saw so many posts of yours in the last two days that just say something stupid like, "Thanks for the information, this is really useful."

Managed hosting is an IT provisioning model in which a service provider leases dedicated servers and associated hardware to a single customer and manages those systems on the customer's behalf.

In managed hosting, customers can rent equipment such as dedicated server, storage and network hardware; operating systems; and system software. The leased equipment serves only that single customer -- or "tenant" as customers are referred to single-tenancy architecture. The customer usually has administrative access to the leased systems yet rarely uses it, instead opting to interact with the system through a web-based interface.

I'd go with managed hosting. As I am not a technical person to deal with setting up a server software, So I'd choose Managed hosting. Also how is anyone supposed to know which server software to choose and how to upload to server? And whether the RAM bee used appropriately or not?

Nice to know you know what "Managed Hosting" is. A better one could be find n Wikipedia and other wikis and dictionaries.

May I say that the purpose of discussions boards is to "discuss" various topics, not to make/read statements.
Managed Hosting is one best solution for non tech savvy people .
For instance discussions are to exchange knowledge on various topics. Exchange of reviews, Pros and Cons of services is main purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back