• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

About joker.com

Agum

I was going to register a domain with joker.com, but apparently there are more problems I see here than I thought. Some are saying they charge for changing ownership of the domain. Maybe there are many things I don't know about joker.com. (Plus I've always doubted their reliability, judging from the design of their site... although we say we don't judge a book by its cover, but still..)

I am now looking at dotster.com (which is only 5 dollars or so more than joker.com per year), anyone have comments about them? What I'm really looking for is a registrar that is similar to networksolutions in the sense that they don't charge you any fees (for changing info or whatever) except for the usual annual fee. But networksolutions is sort of too expensive comparing to all these other cheap registrars around.

People seem to like joker, and dotster but my personal recomendation is for weblaunching.net (no fee to change owners, done via the web, and an OpenSRS registrar which I have used many times).

Second might be 000domains.com which people seem to like as well.

The best

I tried many registrars. And highly recommend OpenSRS .

Paying a more few bucks can really protect your health.

Dotster is very good, I added new DNS servers and they were up within 24 hours instead of 72. And did I mention my domain was up 24 hours right after I registered it as well?
Go DOTSTER!!

Originally posted by Synergy
I added new DNS servers and they were up within 24 hours instead of 72. And did I mention my domain was up 24 hours right after I registered it as well?
Go DOTSTER!!

Isn't it up to your isp ? I once registered thru enom and it is up in 6 hrs.

Well many places have to be updated for it all to work. This is why it takes 1 day to 2 weeks for a DNS change to go through. This is worldwide. If you catch it right before everything is updated then it will seem quick. Every place does it at different times though.

Back