• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A question about "View Source" in IE?

The oldest trick in the book - scroll down a bit (in notepad) and you'll find it. :biggrin2:

But it doesn't need to be intentional. I've heard that some scripts and file management systems - whatever - inserts line breaks in the beginning too.

Originally posted by meow
The oldest trick in the book - scroll down a bit (in notepad) and you'll find it. :biggrin2:

But it doesn't need to be intentional. I've heard that some scripts and file management systems - whatever - inserts line breaks in the beginning too.

yes like meow said: scroll down!! :cool2:

Strange...It doesn't do that on any of the other pages...

I guess I was pretty ignorant; I should have seen that I could have scrolled down. :(

I fell for that once! But I've seen one script at dhtmldrive where u can jumble up the html so it is difficult for the *ahem* common man to see :)

You mean change it to clean code? It's a waste of time. The person could just go to your site anyway, copy/paste your source, and put it on their site. They don't need to decode it or anything...

Originally posted by conkermaniac
You mean change it to clean code? It's a waste of time. The person could just go to your site anyway, copy/paste your source, and put it on their site. They don't need to decode it or anything...

Typical content theif for ya. :D

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Author can make a few check on url or ip ..or look up at http referer. or even send some signal to ask for separate .js file on separated server but on the same domain... they are all pretty useless.. since HTML, XML, JS are opensource.. but a little or a few protection is better than nothing.. one good trick is to remove all new line character

Back