• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

A infraction? Now come on.

JonnyH

The Hosting Tool
NLC
I sent a PM to Jan asking why I got a infraction for simply advertising my script and I got no reply, so I'll make this public.

A couple of days ago I recieved a infration for supposingly advertising something that isn't allowed. "Thread not allowed". Right, so, I'm advertising my script. I see iPanel being advertising, Master Reseller being advertised but why not mine? I'm not linking to a forum, I'm not requesting people to be part of the community. Even though, I still get a infraction for a thread that isn't allowed? Ok then.

I believe the infraction was based off of the requirement to download the script. That being having to register on the forums.

I could be wrong however

I believe the infraction was based off of the requirement to download the script. That being having to register on the forums.

I could be wrong however

You don't even need to register to download the script. You browse to the thread and click download, guests can download it.

It's easier for me to use the forums.

Janny, maybe make it available to be downloaded from just the site, not the forum. have the forum just link to the site where it can be downloaded from, then you wont run into any issues.

Jan made her stand quite obvious a while back.

She said that you had to post the direct link to the download as any form of forum advertising outside hosting offers are not allowed.

Jan made her stand quite obvious a while back.

She said that you had to post the direct link to the download as any form of forum advertising outside hosting offers are not allowed.
Most sites have a community in them. The iHostDev team have a forum. If you checked the site recently there's a website which is very descriptive..

She did but she is on and off her computer at random times she will address this issue once she is able to

Most sites have a community in them. The iHostDev team have a forum. If you checked the site recently there's a website which is very descriptive..

But id say they dont link directly to the forum thread that has a download in it, wich is probably the point here.

Why not just link to the file or main page?

Maybe because it's easier for me to use attachments because of minor changes I make and the new versions I release. With attachment id's any minor I make to the zips are unique. I know whats what.

To give me in a infranction because the download is linked to a forum that doesn't even ask for registration is stupid. Without being harsh, that rule needs to be slacked.

Why use attachments when you can just make some sort of /release folder with all the versions including the latest of THT within it?

Being honest, I agree with Jonny'. Like, why should he change his whole website layout and structure of his services just to suit FWS?

Why use attachments when you can just make some sort of /release folder with all the versions including the latest of THT within it?
Because i do different builds. I update the zips without name changes and then update the thread. I like to keep unique indentities to those zips not let them getting overwritten.

Maybe because it's easier for me to use attachments because of minor changes I make and the new versions I release. With attachment id's any minor I make to the zips are unique. I know whats what.

To give me in a infranction because the download is linked to a forum that doesn't even ask for registration is stupid. Without being harsh, that rule needs to be slacked.

Well i do agree, but rules is rules.
Id be more complaining about the rule rather than being infracted for breaking it. :p

Well i do agree, but rules is rules.
Id be more complaining about the rule rather than being infracted for breaking it. :p
Rules are rules, and I try to follow every single one of them, but when they're pretty stupid, I raise an eybrow.

Also hamster, I like using the forum because it tells me how many downloads they have been.

The release folder, that isn't what I wan't. I don't just release the versions, I change versions without warning and the zips.

Back