• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

$950

Dean

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
NLC
So - The Australian Government is giving (basically) every Australian $950 in cold hard tax free cash. :evilb:

So I ask you this - what would you buy with your $950?

I, personally, am going to by the Six Feet Under box set, and then put the other money towards my MPB.

Darwin's in a different country ay?

http://www.pm.gov.au/media/Release/2009/media_release_0778.cfm

* Tax Bonus for Working Australians of up to $950 paid to every eligible Australian worker earning $100,000 or less. This will support up to 8.7 million individuals.
* $950 Single Income Family Bonus to support 1.5 million families with one main income earner.
* $950 Farmers' Hardship Bonus paid to around 21,500 drought affected farmers and farm dependent small business owners receiving exceptional circumstances related income support.
* $950 per child Back to School Bonus to support 2.8 million children from low- and middle-income families.
* $950 Training and Learning Bonus paid to students and people outside of the workforce returning to study to help with the costs of education and training.

Has this been passwed through Parliament yet? I know yesterday they were going to oppose Rudd's suggestion.

I'm moving to Australia LOL, if someone did that here in the states a revolution probably would be started.

LOL!

How funny.

You wouldn't like the lack of money we get, and how little our money goes due to the number of taxes we have.

We have taxes on purchasing machines to get raw mineral, purchasing and using machines to process said mineral into a basic sheet of metal (for example), purchasing a sheet of metal, purchasing the machine to cut said metal into a strip, purchasing that strip of metal, purchasing the machine to bend that metal into a shape we want.

Now not included in that equation is time spent (and cost of fuels, water, electricity), also what was not included is the basic tax of income for every applicable worker and their expenses.

We have a tax for absolutely anything!

If you install a water tank and register it, you will be charged for the water that fills up that tank which (note) comes from the rain!

Welcome to Australia, the land of taxation. I believe the only country that beats Australia's number of taxes is Norway.

As with most people, im happy to accept a free $950

HOWEVER, its the stupidest idea ive heard in a long time and solves nothing.
To increase the money supply just devalues our currency and leads to inflation.
Not only that but id say 1/2 of the cash would go directly to China as stupid Aussies buy loads of cheep --- chinese products. and another 1/4 will go into the veins, lungs and livers of the recipients. Im not even confident that 1/4 of Australians would use it for somthing beneficial or spend it on things that keep the cash within Australia!

Well ye, your right, but the money has to come from somewhere. We will have to pay for it in the future. That money is money thats not paying off the country debits, debits that have interest accruing. Interest we have to pay back in the long term.

[UW]Glenn;1051151 said:
Welcome to Australia, the land of taxation. I believe the only country that beats Australia's number of taxes is Norway.

It's following the right track, given Australia and Norway being top of the HDI tables.

[UW]Glenn;1051151 said:
If you install a water tank and register it, you will be charged for the water that fills up that tank which (note) comes from the rain!

You sure about that one?

They do not tax on water you gather from rain. That's BS.
They will tax you on water you use from the town resources or whatever.

What I don't get is if you buy land and build your house on it, you STILL gotta pay rates to live on that land and I am not just talking about the water you use.

Alberta did something like this (except it was $100 as I recall) but that's because they have too much money. Wouldn't have added to the non-existent deficit they have!

Back