• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

700,000 free hosting accounts to giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you tell me what a non-programmer can use for host software. There's nothing else decent out there.

Created a account but encountered error

An Error has Occured

The login id you entered has expired

I cant for the life of me find out how to upload perl/cgi files on this host. I tried to create a cgi bin folder, but the script doesnt work on it. Also, WTF is the ftp login info? I cant find the info anywhere!!

sendmail

Originally posted by i6n
i6Networks.com is a world class *FREE* web hosting provider ~~~~
Specs: ~~~
Powered by RedHat Linux OS
:)
FAQ on i6network website
Do you support Sendmail?
Sendmail is a UNIX based mail program. Currently we do not support mail services from our site.
it's just a tech. question:
many Linux servers can supoort sendmail, why?
Sendmail only run on UNIX?

thank you. :)

why does everybody make such a big deal about the amount of harddisk/servers, its not that they get 700.000 members in 1 day...

it will grow steadily i think.

Re: sendmail

Originally posted by NONO
it's just a tech. question:
many Linux servers can supoort sendmail, why?
Sendmail only run on UNIX?

thank you. :)
No. Sendmail runs in Linux, Unix, *BSD, and I believe there is also a Windows port.
*how many servers do you have?
Who cares? English isn't Allowee's first language. You apparently understood what he said, why bother posting that? :rolleyes:

Not a good site.

Personally, I would say they are not a very good hosting company. Sure, they do offer 30mb space, 2gb monthly bandwidth and no banner ads at all which is very great. And their control panel is very nicely made and user friendly, But there are way too many flaws in their hosting.
For one. Nowhere on their site do they tell you how to access the FTP. I assumed it would be ftp.i6networks.com and you would use your regular username and password on port 21. That didn't work. I tried using my e-mail and password...nothing.
-----
Allso, They say that they offer PHP? I tried to upload a php file and i got an error saying that file type was banned.
-----
I couldn't get the path to their cgi (this may just be me, i know nothing about cgi. I was trying to learn from htmlgoodies.com)
-----
When you click a file in your control panel to preview, Or try to preview a file when you are editing one they open the wrong link.
example. When you try to preview a file they will open a link to
Http://www.i6networks.com/USERNAME/FILENAME.html
When the true link that actually works is
Http://www.i6networks.com/home/USERNAME/FILENAME.html
so you cannot preview your site from the control panel. You would have to click finish, open the link manually from your browser, preview it and then click to edit it again. which can seem to get very annoying.
-----
Now, this is their biggest problem.

Ok, Most of these problems wouldn't be that big of a deal, You could simply contact them through customer support and easily have the problems fixed or get the answers to help you. But apparently they donot pay attention to their customer support. I personally have sent 3 different e-mail using ever kind of e-mail type customer support they offer and have gotten no reply what-so-ever.
-----
Now with all these problems it makes it hard to use this hosting. If your a beginner and you are only going to use html and make a simple page then this is a perfectly fine site for you to use, assuming you will never need any help, and you won't have to upload a big bulk to files at once.

Big i would rather use geocities than use i6. it's basicly the same. but geocities works. you could just put <xml> at the end of every html page and stop their banners and you'd have a better host than i6.

there is the possibility that only i am experiancing these problems but i dought it. i just wanted to warn everbody about these problems before they get to excited about this offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back