• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

(6 VPSs left) FreeVPS.us - VPSs for only 20 posts a month

dmmcintyre3

FreeVPS.us has a lot of VPSs available, but they are going fast. FreeVPS.us has been providing post to host VPSs for almost 2 years (started June 24, 2010) and is financially stable.

To get a VPS you need all of the following:
5,000 points
30 posts
0 or a positive reputation
0% warning level

To keep the VPS you must:
make at least 20 posts per month
Show proof of using your VPS
Keep your warning level below 50%
Meet the special requirements of the VPS you have. (see http://freevps.us/page-requirements.html for more info)

Be sure to read the requirements page if you want to get a VPS.

This is an excellent offer - the number of posts required per month are very much achievable.

I have heard some bad news about them , they use the VPS to DDos attack other sites.
So I dont know if I can trust this website ?!

I have spook with n3rdnl one of there old members he was banned on that site (only because he have copy and pass one post from there forums) , after that have paid for the domain name freevpssucks.us .
The members and admin from freevps have ddos hes site own site and the website freevpssucks.us .
There is still in The Netherlands a police report made by n3rdnl because of the DDos attack(s) so that is why I will never trust them .!!

Clearing up a few things

Good day folks,

my name is Nevil (UID at FreeVPS: 4810) and I am a super moderator at FreeVPS and a loyal member since over 6 months soon.

I'm here to clear a few things up to stop all this lies and hate because I know the truth and I've been there when IT30 aka Grant Leeves who is Grant Peter Lambdon (Australian Fraudster) messed everything up and meant to split and destroy our forum and spreaded lies and whatever.

@Hostwinds:

We currently have over 60 VPSs that are given out to our members and everyone is happy so far.

We provide fast and good community support along with free VPSs for our members. The most problems and issues are solved/fixed really fast (within 24 hours mostly).

@Cheffy:

Where are your proofs and why do you believe everything you have heard from someone?

The former member "n3rdnl" is a liar. He was the first one who jumped over to Grant's side to destroy our nice community which is the only real big thing on the Internet to get a free VPS and damn good community support for it. Then he bought this domain (once again to damage our communities image ) and he got DDOSed BUT the DDOS did NOT came from our VPSs.

He blamed us for the DDOS but I know the real person who DDOSed his site or whatever it was. We asked him for a log with IPs so we could see if any IP of our VPSs was there but he couldn't give use the logs because he knew none of our VPSs IP was there. He is missing proofs. All he does is storytelling not more. You really think we let him run around on our forum after such attacks and treating to our community and staff? Nope!

And he was the one who DDOSed FreeVPS with Grant and his crew. With VPSs from their Germany node which they bought with stolen credit cards (our admin showed me a log of IPs and they were all from Germany and the ranges were owned by Grant) they attacked FreeVPS. He had one of the products Grant offered on his forum called VPSFORFREE.

And now this is funny: He, Grant and a few other staffs from VFF blamed their users for DDOSing sites and that because of them they had to shutdown the German servers. The real reason were unauthorized payments (stolen CCs) made by Grant which were charged back. DDOS was one reason but the main reason for all their servers going down was just simply fraud.

n3rdnl committed a online crime and was a part of a team which bought hardware and really money with dirty stolen money (once again, stolen credit cards).

So good luck to you in your way you will go. Just to let you know, you believe a storyteller who was in deep attacks and online crime against our community. We wont risk our VPSs to see his funny site offline which by the way was in Germany on --------- (I have reported it to their team and they finally suspended it). --------- hosting is real crap, a lot of downtimes so there is no DDOS required to see his site down. It will just happen because their servers are abused.

--------- = H O S T 1 F R E E

As you can see they are even banned here and were added to the censoring list.

@wswd:

We review the VPSs and watch carefully what people do with their VPSs and the sponsors also do this.

The most people run their websites on the VPSs, use them for MC or SA-MP servers and some use it to learn more about Linux but no one is using it for illegal activities.

Good bye!

@wswd:

We review the VPSs and watch carefully what people do with their VPSs and the sponsors also do this.

The most people run their websites on the VPSs, use them for MC or SA-MP servers and some use it to learn more about Linux but no one is using it for illegal activities.

And how do you know that when you don't have the root passwords? You can monitor all you want, and still not know exactly what's taking place on the VPS, unless of course you force everybody to use the same root password and not change it.

I wasn't saying this is somehow a fault of freevps. It happens with every provider. It happens more with the free providers, but any budget VPS host is going to be subject to abuse. Just a fact of life in the hosting world.

Ban cheffy... and ban cheffy, and ban cheffy.

Really, if you defend someone like n3rdnl, after all what he did, and being in it30 favor, you should have no place here.

And how do you know that when you don't have the root passwords? You can monitor all you want, and still not know exactly what's taking place on the VPS, unless of course you force everybody to use the same root password and not change it.

Some hypervisors allow the node's admins to 'drop into' the VPS without a password, although most of them don't support this and are fully isolated.

Most of them can at least monitor network activity and disc contents to control abuse, but this approach doesn't usually detect trouble before it starts- it only shows who is to blame when it happens.

It would also be easy enough for a VPS provider to rig the distros used when deploying the VPS to provide a support account with sudo access for their own use in troubleshooting, and monitoring for abuse. Though the only methods of doing this that I know would be visible in the config files if someone took the time to check.

Last edited:
@wswd:

The most VPSs are paid out of our pockets or we have found the sponsors for them. We do not touch users personal stuff. We only watch for strange content (for example someone has his disk space 90% on the first day) and strange behaviour (CPU being loaded 99% all the time, I had this case on ThaKimHost VPSs and I had to suspend the users who had the VPS24 for resource abusing) on the users VPSs. Simply IP blacklist checks tell us if a user has abused the VPS to send out spam mails and/or attacked something. In the most cases we get a notice from the providers when something is wrong.

@polieleos7777:

Well, indeed but why ban him instantly? Let him be a members of this community and defend whoever he wants to. We know that we were not related to the DDOS attack. It was a spoofed DDOS attack (pretty much planned by someone and). We don't have members who have that much knowledge to spoof DDOS attacks, the most want a VPS for MC, SA-MP or simple web hosting.

@Seraphim:

The fact that we paid for the most VPSs to give them out to users who really need them is changing much things about control. We also work very strong together with the providers to prevent abuse. I have won a new sponsor for the community as an example of contribution and the sponsor is working very well together with us.

I even remember that in the time of IT30 someone requested on Hackforums to DDOS our MC server :|. Not nice how people try to see us gone because we are the real thing on the Internet in terms of free VPSs.

The majority of the VPSs are OpenVZ with SolusVM, which includes a console that doesn't depend on the VPS's root password being known.

I have spook with n3rdnl one of there old members he was banned on that site (only because he have copy and pass one post from there forums) , after that have paid for the domain name freevpssucks.us .

n3rdnl was banned after he registered freevpssucks.us

I have never had a vps with this site but I know dmmcintyre3 (me under a different name and on another site) he knows what he is doing offers great services.

@TheBoss:

I totally agree with you about that.

I owned about 4 or 5 VPSs from FreeVPS and everything was really great for the terms of being free. The VPSs even if really low end are performing very well and the providers are well-know.

I have a VPS11 now.

Hello ,
dmmcintyre3 & Nevil I heard other stuff and "n3rdnl" is a liar" he show me the police report what was made , and polieleos7777 ban me for what u ask my why I didnt trust them right ?

Back