• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

5GBFree.com

5gbfree is gone

I am a member of 5gbfree and I have to say I've been quite impress so far.
Every support ticket has been actioned and responded to very quickly.

One inconvenient problem I've seen, is that you can't delete some files created by PHP either from ftp or online filemanager as I guess they are owned by apache instead of yourself.

However since yesterday evening, 5gbfree.com seems to have vanished, is this a DNS problem?

Cheers.

Hi Sylviob,

Thanks for your kind words. We are trying hard, particularly on the support front to provide the sort of service you would expect from a "paid-for" provider.

With regard to the files you are unable to delete, yes, I would take a guess that it's because they are owned by apache.

I'm sorry to report that there are intermittent problems with our server at the moment, but please rest assured that we are doing everything possible to restore service. When service is restored, we will conduct an investigation to see if there are any lessons that we can learn from the outage so that we can continue to improve the service, and prevent this sort of thing happening again.

Thanks for your feedback,
Rob

* No forced adverts
Only true for premium accounts!

Emailed support asking for ad removal and got this for a response.
I'm afraid this is not possible. All our premium accounts have text links off though.

Maybe you should make it more clear about your "No forced adverts" policy.

Nice site, but ur offline..

...and we're back online :)

No you're not.
Right now, you are NOT online, the site I hosted on 5gbfree says (Server not found) and also 5gbfree.com also says (Server not found). It has been like this for the past 7 hours :(.
Please be back up soon :(
Otherwise, your service is awsome

Can you please turn of safe mode on my account?

>>would u be able to turn it off upon request?<<
On request I can turn safe mode off. No worries.

>>Do you allow .htaccess files to be uploaded?<<
Yes, you can upload this - but not above wwwroot.

Hope that was useful :)

Cheers,
Rob

Please turn off safe mode on my account "lenasiaa"

Thanks

Thanks for the offer. You say: "No forced adverts".
On plan description: "Embedded Ads"

How do these two statements coexist?

Also, what PHP version is in use? PHP 5.5 has been recently released, but do you support 5.4 at least?

Thanks.

Back