• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

500MB Full Featured $48/yr

GordonH

Hello
We have just realucnhed our budget brand:
http://www.myqth.com/
With a new $48 hosting plan.

Here are the features:

Disk Space 500 MB
Data Transfer (Monthly) 30 GB
POP-3 Emails 100
CGI Bin
SSI
PHP4
MySQL Database
Control Panel
FTP
Mailing Lists
Autoresponders
E-mail filters
Webmail
Resource Meter
Counters
Web Stats
Front Page 2000/02
Custom Error Pages
Password Protection
Secure Server (SSL)

This page should answer most of your questions:
http://www.myqth.com/faq.html

Gordon

Last edited:
not to bring down anyone but just for general information. Host that offer unrealistic cheap web hosting usually does not survive or it's a 1 man team who do not need to pay for tech support, sales, accountant and what not.

Hello
The reason we run a cheap brand is:

1. We lose lots of customers from our main brands to other cheap brands so it makes sense to offer similar plans.
There is obviously a market for this type of service and we would like to make some money from it without it impacting on our main brands. http://www.hostroute.net/

2. Our other brands are expensive and make lots of money (the company turned over more than $300,000 in the past 6 months alone).

For your information this is a proper business with employees.
I am 36 years old and have 3 kids.
I am not some irresponsible teenager.
If you read the FAQ for Myqth .com you will find out why we are able to offer this service so cheaply.

Once you have a large number of servers and a support system functioning the on-costs per customer don't amount to much.

Its all about market segmentation really and making sure we are earning from all the different sectors.

Gordon

Oh, this is a happy-go-lucky host, and pr0n or other illegal things will be killed, ok, I get it ^_^, it's ok then, since no pr0n junkies will upload :), but, the thing I hate is the Bulletin Board rule, I mean, people can't help if they are a good service, and their site is generating a lot of hits :-(, too bad the rule is hard to bend :mad:

Originally posted by GordonH
Once you have a large number of servers and a support system functioning the on-costs per customer don't amount to much.

Gordon

logically, more servers = more customers = more tech support needed.

for what you are offering $48/year = $4 per month for 30gb bandwidth. That is 13 cents per GB. Nevertheless, we will see what happen in a few months.

mod: delete this post if you must

I should say that this brand has already been running for a year.
The previous plan was 100MB.
All we have done is increase the size of the plan.
I can't say there have been any great problems so far.

We allow bulletin boards as long as they don't use more than 20% system resources, but with only 100 sites per server there is a reasonable chance you would be OK.
If you stick to boards like the current Ikonboard or Vbulletin you should be OK with most hosts unless you are as big as this board :)

Gordon

I admit I'm really impressed by your marketing. :)

People usually run away looking at "Unlimited" keyword. So better keep them to their toes by giving them "30 GB". :D

PS: Note that experienced webmasters may still run away -- they know what others overselling hosts do.

PS 2: I spotted 2 typos in your FAQ. Please re-check.

If you have a real server technical problem you can contact us and we wiull reply within office hours.

It is your responsibility to kjeep back ups of your site either by just keeping a local copy and uploading from it or by using the control panel backup feature to download a copy of the site occasionally.

Good Luck!

I blame it on Hewlett Packard.
I could swear the keys on this keyboard are closer togehter than on my old one.
Either that or my fingers are getting fatter.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Gordon

how do you pronouce myqth?

I hope that wasn't a typo when you registered that domain..

Thats a bit of a long story
Its on the FAQ page.

Way back it was originally meant to be a free hosting service for radio hams.

QTH is a morse code abbreviation for the place where I live so "My Qth" would be the town or city I live in....
so basically it was their place/home on the web.

Its a bit obscure but as the domain is well established and in lots of search engines I have never bothered changing it.

Gordon

Oh
and we also run ecalpemos.com which is the word "someplace" spelled backwards.
A similar idea which kind of went in another direction.

Gordon

Blergh, I don't run VBulletin, wastest resource, what about PHP and MySQL message boards? I had a message board which generated over 3 gigs of transfer a month, and my site only had 1 gig(guess people like 'dem boards) Wait, 3gigs is tenpercent of 30GB, so, hhehehe

Yes
What I mean is MySQL bulletin boards are fine.
Its perl ones like UBB and early Ikonboard that cause the problems.
By 20% of system resources we mean 20% of the whole servers resources, not 20 % of your accounts resources.

Gordon

Originally posted by GordonH
Yes
What I mean is MySQL bulletin boards are fine.
Its perl ones like UBB and early Ikonboard that cause the problems.
By 20% of system resources we mean 20% of the whole servers resources, not 20 % of your accounts resources.

Gordon

i kind of figured that, but if 4-5 people use 20% then your really screwed, or if alot of people use 5-10% then your also screwed

This is a standard clause in most hosting TOS.
It has not been a problem with any of our other servers.
We only once had to suspend someone and it was caused by a runaway script which was easily fixed.

Gordon

I love the death of free hosting if this is what follows. X-mas everyday! :biggrin2:

Your service seems nice. Bookmarked for future needs. Good luck!

Back