• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

3.5 Upgrade / FWS

Todd

NLC
NLC
As you all have probably noticed we had a significant forum outage today. The vBulletin upgrade only partially completed before there was a problem with mySQL. The upgrade was in a half completed state, and we decided to restore the backup and run it again.

With a forum this size restoring the MySQL dump file takes a considerable amount of time. Once it was completed we ran the upgrade again, and everything appears to be working.

Please let us know if you spot any issues. Also, please accept our apology for the forum downtime.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something different appearance wise about the index pages and the thread display.

The posting changes are obvious, but the index and whatnot is very subtle that I can't quite figure out what it is.

Also...I will personally maim anyone who comes in here and suggests that the upgrade should also mean some new theme for the forum. We;ve had that debate a million times, and I just can't handle it again.

<<edit>> of course things have changed since I posted this that make it look really different and I look like an idiot. Thanks guys :p

Last edited:
These icons
forum_new.gif
used to be little squares. Now they are the default vB icons.

EDIT: This post makes no sense since it was changed ;)

Last edited:
There are a few images missing here and there, like New thread and forward in PM land, but otherwise a great job getting it up :) Now for that new skin!

j/k :p

The images for newthread and forward have been updated now. Let me know if any other images are wrong.

congrats guys:D on upgrading....almost completed except some images replacement is left.

Jan said:
There are a few images missing here and there, like New thread and forward in PM land, but otherwise a great job getting it up :) Now for that new skin!

j/k :p

I would like the option for a new skin :rolleyes2

Back