• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1st real post

I would like to thank my mum, my dad, my sister, friends, everyone at school luv ya, and i would like to dedicate this thread to +chips

It depends on your motherboard & cpu.

Some are a pain and (even the ones that aren't) you need to pencil in something or other. I really don't know, I have a mate that does it but refuses to tell me.

If you have a nice cpu/motherboard, it's as easy as flicking a few switches & jumpers on the motherboard.

Look in the motherboard manual and look at the frequencys and just make them higher. It's really cool when it's that easy.

I mean... I'm so stoked, really. I opened the case. Flicked two switches. Removed a jumper. 66mhz faster. :cool:

My mates computer, you can change the frequency in the bios, it's even cooler.

:biggrin2:

From my experience with the newer AMDs you can't over clock with some of the mother boards. Because a lot of the AMD mother boards only have two just have one or two jumpers one for the voltage going through the cpu and for other various things.

I think it's funny how this post started off topic, and then stays on a specific topic. When the people who ask for something on a specific topic, get something off topic??? Go figure :confused:

Originally posted by guitarnerd
I think it's funny how this post started off topic, and then stays on a specific topic. When the people who ask for something on a specific topic, get something off topic??? Go figure :confused:

Well I started posting in other topics to get them back on topic.

Come on guys, back to the Cold Turkey's question

"Can someone please walk me through over-clocking? "

One way I know of that a lot of people use, is to.

Look at your motherboard's manual and find out where the jumpers are that you would change if you put a different proccessor in there. Now just step it up to the next best processor. I know that doesn't always work with AMDs I think but I really don't like overclocking

I think of it as a car going 80mph in 50mph traffic it is unsafe and eventually it will crash

Back