• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

1and1 web hosting in the US?

Robs549

Hi all, I'm hoping I'm in the right place for this.

I have been using 1and1 uk for hosting for quite some time for my work website and it's worked quite well for what we wanted and needed.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with 1and1 US. It's a long story, but we need to set up a site in the US and I know that 1and1 has a US branch (in addition to ones in the UK and Germany). I've read that their services and quality of services can vary between the regions and wanted to get someone's take on the US one. Also has anyone dabbled or successfully used their web builder (http://website.1and1.com/free-website-builder)? I'd like to get someone's take on that, too. Do you like it? Not like it?

I've already done some research on the topic but feel like the people on this forum are more knowledgeable as many of you have your own business or personal sites.

Well if their UK location is going great then it's probably the same for their US location. They have a money back guarantee so there's nothing to lose if you try it out.

1and1 one are quire bid web hoster in the U.S. as well. I would not say anything about their serves as I'm representative of a web hosting provider myself. I'd suggest to check for user reviews. They are supposed to have a good infrastructure, so all you need to know is whether they do oversell their Shared servers or not and how responsive their support is.

They are one of the biggest web business in whole Europe. I believe their US operation should be doing as well.

My opinion has always been the following 3 statements

1. Unlimited does not exist
2. Support the little guy... you typically get better service and a more personal approach from the company
3. Unlimited does not exist

1&1 may be good but I avoid all the major players for hosting (godaddy, 1&1, hostgator... ect... ect... ect)
The only thing I don't get from a "major company" is my domains and all of them go through Namecheap due to the exceptional customer service and fair pricing.

My opinion has always been the following 3 statements

1. Unlimited does not exist
2. Support the little guy... you typically get better service and a more personal approach from the company
3. Unlimited does not exist

1&1 may be good but I avoid all the major players for hosting (godaddy, 1&1, hostgator... ect... ect... ect)

Something tells me you learned that the hard way :)

You no longer need a programming guru to set up your site. You no longer need to be a computer guru to get a web site posted. Web hosting service has vastly improved since the beginning days of the internet.

It can never be stressed to highly enough that nowadays, cheap web hosting plans does not necessarily mean poor quality and service.

How long has the host been around, it’s beneficial if they have been established for some time, but this doesn’t mean rule out the really new ones but if you are going to choose a newish hoster, ask your self how are you going to feel if your site just disappears and you have no chance of getting it back?

Maybe a demo account will do? Some free service with limited features is a good one to start with if they offer that.
1.gif

Back