• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

13 year old fwh runners...

LawTown Junky

i agree with technics,ron and anyoen else who disses you and says you suck
you shouldnot be doin what your doin
people spend alot fo time making there websites and when you draw them into your hosting and they spend there valuble time working on there site jus to have there site die because your a retard and dont know what your doing
i myself have wanted to run a webhost for about a year now
but i have not done so yet
because i do not have the full knowledge needed to run one
i could be liek you guys and go download all manage of home free and go somewhere and buy space and run the script.
thats easy but havin the exact knowledge of what your doing is anotha
so think about what your doin
ya'll shoudl be makin dragon ball z pages and shit
not attemptin to runa business
all you do is make it harder to find a real host
kus the net is cluttered with your shitty hosts

Originally posted by LawTown Junky
people spend alot fo time making there websites and when you draw them into your hosting and they spend there valuble time working on there site jus to have there site die because your a retard and dont know what your doing
i could be liek you guys and go download all manage of home free and go somewhere and buy space and run the script.

Who exactly are you talking about? Do you know how to write properly?

Then

Then i feel sorry for the people in the uk if they have to use aol

asdlkfjg;las ;klasjdgas;d gkj;asdkjga;eigoj; a;skgjpaiwer ;asdjk paweigja;skdjg awuervsdagbdsjhkfsd kjsdfkjhs ksadg;LJI .. SDKljfas;djiIj lasdjlgja;slkdg j;askd jgi asdog;n;asfdi j;pajhjgkldjeuioghjasdfhgjkafsd akjsh kjashdg wliue sjhd aiouwe asjdhg aso h sgoih sdgoijs sdgoijhsd sdgoiuh siusd soso siushdg;oisdgsibs sidug sissius s sisos s os sifgsduga asidgu asg suag os sao s asgdjsa oghie askjbhv.

So there!

Don't feel bad Eddie, we do here in CA for the most part as well *and* often it is more than long distance charges! Blah.

Hell, I dont care i got free access i dont pay no phone bills nor net access fee to be online :0). Being a teacher for a college has its advantages :0).

Uh?

Better make sure what are you actually talking about.. it all depends on the person, age does not matter. There are young business owners that are doing well out there.. the best example I can think of is Uri Foox from CGIForMe.com, he opened CGIForMe.com when he was 13 (and I believe he is 15 or 16 right now) and his company now has a (paid) web hosting service, free CGI hosting, URL redirection and more. (technically he is a competitor of mine, but he really is doing very good)

You are supposed to have at least a little bit of carefulness when you host your site on a newly built FWP.. you are risking your site no matter how big this host is, if it's new. If you don't want to risk, go with GeoCities or Tripod or Hypermart, you are guaranteed to have a site that never goes down that way.

Also, I'd recommend you to watch your language as well as typing in a more formal way... it doesn't take a whole lot of time to type "why" instead of "y", or "doing" instead of "doin". This post could make a valid argument, but with your typing style it lost its credibility. And with words like "you suck" and "shitty" (and your style of speech, which has a heavy high-school-style), I don't think you are a lot older than the 13 year-old who are starting businesses. They at least have the ambition.. You probably don't.

[Edited by Agum on 11-26-2000 at 10:33 PM]

ok let me first say this
any and all posts that are directed to me about how i decide to type i coudl give a rats ass about

and sure if they do good then i say go for it
but jus dont go about it and then say o i cant do this no more i gotta play nintendo and ditch it and **** ova all the people who worked on hard on there site.

Umm.. AOL outside of America? Sure.

Hmm...yes, that sounds like Steve Case to me...

America OnLine... in Europe! Of course, makes perfect sense indeed.

Or, better yet, AOL Japan... last time I checked, Japan and the Ukraine (haha, just kidding) weren't part of America.

im only 15, and if i had the cash i could start a more successfull web business than plenty of older people.

age is nothing but a number.

ok let me first say this
any and all posts that are directed to me about how i decide to type i coudl give a rats ass about

and sure if they do good then i say go for it
but jus dont go about it and then say o i cant do this no more i gotta play nintendo and ditch it and **** ova all the people who worked on hard on there site.

Carrying around a lot of baggage?

Anyone visit his website? I can't even find a button to enter it. All I see are "Vote for me" buttons.

Now I would just like a bring up some points:

1. Because someone is young, doesn't mean he will fail at setting up a FWP. I'm only 15, yet I can design dynamic websites in Perl and PHP. I can admister linux and BSD servers. I design networks from the ground up, inclduding configuring routers etc. Age has nothing to do with it.

2. Age doesn't matter in the fact, that even a 28 year old person could fail at creating a sucessful FWP. There are a few points a person must bring up, when planning out a FWP:

a. The server, the physcial space needed, and how much space per user. The ammount of system resources advailable, to distribute between the services he/she wishes to offer. That the box can handle the services that he/she wishes to offer, and that they would run at a decent speed.

b. The connection to the internet, it could ether be a server coloacted at an ISP or Webhost, or it can be an on site server. Colocating is generally cheeper, and many of the tasks to running the physical server, would be handled by the ISP. Also, you must make sure there is significanty bandwidth advailable to your clients. Whats good about offering services, but noone can access the site. Second, running a dedicated line to an onsite location, is prefered by larger FWP's, but can get costly to offer significant bandwidth to your users.

c. The software. Can you setup a way to mange the accounts on your server(s). Can you design a setup, that will allow the users to edit and update there websites, and yet still offer a high level of security on the server. Can you manage the other services you might want to offer to the user.

d. Offering support to your users. What if a user has a question about uploading. Will you be able to offer prompt responses to the user? Would you be able to offer support on a wide scale? What if you have 10,000 users, and 2% of them have some questions. Thats 200 questions a day you would have to answer.

e. How can you finance this service, and still make an income? This is mainly where everything crumbles. You have all the services, the servers setup, but each month you are spending more money, then you may be making off of banner ads. You will have to come up with some may of making a profit.

These are some of the main points, someone looking to build a FWP has to address. Its just thtat many of the younger people are overlooking these points, and undestimate. If you want to provide a good service to your users, you have to address all these points carefully.

Back