• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

□ Picture Game

Robert said:
i know.. i checked.
In fact, my self and pro5ject were the only to use our own space.

That's the one big problem with the IMG tag.

Last edited:
prog2_2.jpg

spiderman 2

If you want this thread to continue, don't post huge pics and have them hosted on your own website.

Jan said:
If you want this thread to continue, don't post huge pics and have them hosted on your own website.
I'm sorry, I think we are all unaware of a rule concerning image size. :confused4

jmiller said:
I'm sorry, I think we are all unaware of a rule concerning image size. :confused4
You don't need a rule, it's common sense. Do the mods need to hold your hand for everything? Just because it's not carved in stone, doesn't mean it's not wrong. Hotlinking off people's websites isn't very nice and could possibly lead to problems with Peo and the person you are jacking the images off.

furthermore, protecting against hotlinking is the responsibility of the site owner/image hoster.

i don't care about netiquette.

Robert said:
You don't need a rule, it's common sense. Do the mods need to hold your hand for everything? Just because it's not carved in stone, doesn't mean it's not wrong. Hotlinking off people's websites isn't very nice and could possibly lead to problems with Peo and the person you are jacking the images off.
No, I completely understand the hotlinking rule.

But what dimensions define a "large" image?

This thread was dedicated to photos, so I don't see why image size matters so long as they aren't being hotlinked.

Gayowulf said:
furthermore, protecting against hotlinking is the responsibility of the site owner/image hoster.

i don't care about netiquette.
The owners are responsible to an extent. Just because a home owner doesn't lock his doors doesn't entitle someone to enter the home without permission.

jmiller said:
No, I completely understand the hotlinking rule.

But what dimensions define a "large" image?

This thread was dedicated to photos, so I don't see why image size matters so long as they aren't being hotlinked.
This discussion about large images already took place. This falls under the "common sense" area.

Robert said:
This discussion about large images already took place. This falls under the "common sense" area.
Oh, I was unaware or completely forgot about such discussions, sorry.

I just fail to see why it's a problem in a thread dedicated to the posting of images.

jmiller said:
Oh, I was unaware or completely forgot about such discussions, sorry.

I just fail to see why it's a problem in a thread dedicated to the posting of images.
not everyone is on cable/dsl

i've never seen another forum community that has such a big problem with these sorts of threads, or even images... ugh

BACK ON TOPIC

electra.jpg

(picked a small one, due to obvious reasons)

I'd like to see an image of a "party animal".

Back