• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

•••FREE UNLIMITED Webspace•, •UNLIMITED Bandwidth•, •FTP•, •PHP•, •Domain Hosting•••

Status
Not open for further replies.

HostUltra

• Unlimited Data Transfer
  • Unlimited Disk Space
  • 100mbps Network Connection
  • 99.9% Uptime
  • Free Sub Directory ( hostultra.com/~you )
  • Free Domain Hosting ( yourdomain.com )
  • Custom Domain DNS Control ( A/CNAME/MX Records )
  • Browser and FTP Uploading
  • PHP (no MySQL)
  • Free Search Engine Submission
  • Hosting for Unlimited Domains w/ Unlimited Subdomains
Signup at http://www.hostultra.com/

Service Unavailable

Sorry, We are not accepting applications from your Country.

This does NOT mean you have done something wrong

Please make sure you have entered your correct address, country and phone number
our system verifies this information and rejects fraudulent account information!

THIS RESTRICTION IS NOT UP FOR NEGOTIATION!
DO NOT EMAIL US OR POST IN OUR FORUMS ABOUT THIS ERROR
IT WILL BE IGNORED OR DELTETED

don't accept the ip came from china???????
why

Originally posted by hurry
don't accept the ip came from china???????
why
Just shows that people DON'T read the Terms of Service before they sign up :devious2:
SIGNUP RESTRICTIONS!

Host Ultra is only accepting signups from the following countries:
Antigua and Barbuda / Australia / Bahamas / Barbados / Belize / Bermuda / Canada / Dominica / Grenada / Guyana / Ireland / Jamaica / New Zealand / Saint Lucia / Saint Vincent and the Grenadines / South Africa / Trinidad and Tobago / United Kingdom / United States

I still don't get why he lists all those countries, when he is only accepting signups from the three that are bolded. :confused2

Originally posted by conkermaniac
I still don't get why he lists all those countries, when he is only accepting signups from the three that are bolded. :confused2

we accept registrations from all the countries listed
the ones bolded are just the main ones

Originally posted by HostUltra
we accept registrations from all the countries listed
the ones bolded are just the main ones

Your advertiser pays for traffic from dirt-poor countries like Guyana and Trinidad/Tobago? We're talking countries that are at about the level of most African nations here. :eek:

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Your advertiser pays for traffic from dirt-poor countries like Guyana and Trinidad/Tobago? We're talking countries that are at about the level of most African nations here. :eek:

The list of allowed countries is not only based on what our advertisers pay for

Mainly its a mix of english speaking, low abuse rate and high ads payout countries

For example, a site in english, regardless of where its webmaster lives will attract US traffic which has high payout
but a site in chineese will only attract traffic from China, low to no ads payout

Just a reminder here, if you are not interested in the offer or it doesn't apply to you, please do not reply. Any further off topic posts to this thread will be deleted, not just tossed. Thanks in anticipation :)

Well, this may seem off-topic, but I think it's related to his service...

I really would like to know if you, Hostultra, still offer MySQL to the users who signed up previously. If not, I am interested in why you chose to remove these databases from your server. If you do allow them to keep and use their databases, have you encountered any problems? Are most people using their databases for forums, portals, and other scripts, or are there quite a lot of people who have decided to write their own scripts? This information is of great interest to me because I want to study the trends in the free webhosting world, and there are very few free webhosts (who offer PHP and MySQL) around that I can get ahold of. I did talk to Paul, who insisted that even allowing PHP was a security hazard, and I would like to know what you think. :)

Users who created a free mysql database while we were offering them still have them

I have no idea what people are using them for
I dont check it

Putting a server online is a security hazard
I have never had any security problems from php or anything else

Just to add on to this thread.

This service is great. Not many people have this kind of site where you can sign up for free, no hidden catches. It's great, not down very often ( I noticed ). Only thing it lacked for me was a MySQL database for forums, but I guess you can't have it all. But overall, EXCELLENT SERVICE.

I have a account with host ultra, they are cool but the only problem is, you cant edit stuff while its in the ftp, you have to save it back to your comp, edit it there and reupload it, that kinda sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back