• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. striker

Easy Hosting request for a friend

my cousin is a personal trainer and runs a simple Joomla based website. A year ago I referred her to siteground.com. It was OK, but rather expensive at 10$/month and she doesn't need so much space/bandwidth at all. Currently, she wants to merge her two websites (both hosted on different...
  2. striker

Anything to say about FDCServers.net

Does anyone have anything good/bad to say about FDCServers.net?? Is their support OK? Any dodgy business tactics? The prices seem MORE than reasonable (Especially for the VPS Packages), and you can never trust the google search results about reviews these days, you don't know which ones are...
  3. striker

big-boards.com????

Hey, I haven't been around for a while but I noticed that under all the text at the bottom of the page: Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.1 Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Copyright © 1996-2006 Per Olof Sandholm. All rights reserved. There is a small square button (which...
  4. striker

Dedicated Server Req.

Looking for: 100MBit port w/ @ least 500gb Bandwidth/mth IRC acceptable Some kind of web control panel (even webmin is fine) Free reboot (remote = better) Free OS refresh is a + but not req'd ~50$/mth. Thx. EDIT: More specifics: Intel Celeron acceptable, anything more is a + but don't do it...
  5. striker

List of "overseller" hosts

Hey I am trying to compile a list of the dreaded overseller hosts which offer everything for nothing just for my own educational purposes. I'm gonna start it off with what I know. If you don't care then move along, but if you know of one that I have missed please add it. Thanks...
  6. striker

Google Pages Allows Filehosting...

So google finally let me in on their google pages experiment. Apparently, you are allowed to upload your own files and they are available by direct link. For example: http://a.barghi.googlepages.com/ra_ed.zip I have a strange feeling this is going to be abused like no other (i.e. illegal...
  7. striker

Sopranos Season 6 Starts off w/ a bang!?! [spoilers]

Tony Soprano is dead?? Goodbye HBO.:wave:
  8. striker

Conservative for CanadaMinority Government

Link Well @ least I can save 2 cents when I go to the dollar store now :o
  9. striker

What do you read on the crapper?

Personally, I can't even take a dump if there is nothing to read. Seriously, it's like a psychological problem. Anyways, I prefer People Magazine or Maxim or something like that, but if times are desperate, I will grab anything from old college exams to video game manuals, and if theres...
  10. striker

Arrested Development

Man I can't believe this show is not the #1 show in North America yet. It's SOO hilarious and the more you watch it the more you get the jokes. Season 3 is absolutely hilarious. I find that I don't even have time to laugh at the jokes because if I do I actually miss the next 2!! Anyways, this...
  11. striker

Image script question

OK You know the scripts that show something in a .png file or .jpg file (i.e. www.danasoft.com sigs) ?? Is there a script that will load a random image from a directory (i.e. www.striker.com/randomimgdir/) into a .jpg file??? Thanks for your help and time I hope you understood the question...
  12. striker

Every Video Game Retailer In My City is sold out of...

Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix?? Yes ladies and gents, it's quite sad but true. There is not 1 copy of this game available to be found anywhere this holiday season, I spent 2 hours driving around looking for it (Little Brother wanted one for x-mas). People ACTUALLY play these games? I...
  13. striker

Reasonable Free Hosting Request

Absolutely necessary: @least 50mb space @least 2gb transfer @least 1 FTP acct @I can use my own TLD (myname.net) and NOT a subdomain (myname.yourname.net) @NO ADS/ NO POSTING REQUIRED @Won't be dead next week Would Be Nice: PHP/MySQL/cPanel I hope this is reasonable because I don't...
  14. striker

Audio Stops Working Randomly...

I have SoundMAX Digital Integrated Audio. Sometimes, my sound will randomly stop working, and the control panel will tell me that the "Digital Output is taken by another application". I know I'm being really vague, actually I'm hopin someone has seen the exact same problem and found a solution...
  15. striker

Saving picture as... only .bmp in IE

I know this has probably been mentioned before, but this little bug is super irritating and I can't stand it anymore. As you probably know, sometimes when you save picture as... in ie, it will give you the option to save as and unsightly .bmp file. This is garbage because bmp takes up huge...
  16. striker

The new verohost.com

LOL this is pretty funny I thought I may as well post it. www.verohost.com was once a decent hosting company, it was run by Robert from here if I do recall properly. I even bought a months hosting I thnk from em. Now it's a Honduran Women's Matchmaking service for romance and marriage!! I...
  17. striker

Sugg: New Requirement when requesting Free Host

If possible, tell new users via a sticky or editing the current "Read Here" thread to give a description of their site, and if possible a preview and some site statistics. I think this would save a LOT of time for everyone, especially potential sponsors. And that read here first thread is...
  18. striker

Back Looking for Hosting again

Hello all web-businesses out there. I am on the prowl again for webhosting. I'll try to make this as easy as I can for everyone. Why I Want web-hosting: I don't have a website. I probably won't. However, I like the idea of having premium, non-free webspace available to do with as I please...
  19. striker

Hostcentris: Back From the Dead?

Even the moderators had counted hostcentris.com out but yesterday I started recieving emails through my domain hosted with them and today my website (in my sig) came back to life with everything working again. FTP access is up as well it seems. The cPanel asks for login/pass but I get 404 after...
  20. striker

Need quotes on hosting

I need 1gb+ space 100gb+ BW and all the features on CPanel, except SSH/SSL certificates and anything else that will up the cost. Also, if cutting down on ANY features other than space/bw will reduce cost, feel free. If paying yearly gets you any extra goodies (2 free months, free domain, cheaper...
Back