• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. BiteTheBugByte

How do I find out the IP Address of a domain with subfolder?

Let's say I have a domainname e.g. http://www.blablabla.com I can easily route or ping that domain and get the IP entry for it but how can I find out if it uses different IP Addresses? I mean let's say it is a hosting company and each member gets a subfolder below that domain, e.g...
  2. BiteTheBugByte

free host with CGI

I think webpunkt.dk doesn´t give you perl yet.
  3. BiteTheBugByte

multiple browser testing

well you can run different netscape versions on one OS but not with IE afaik. But since IE is the much more tolerant browser you should optimize your sites with netscape, if they look perfect there you shouldn´t have problems with IE anymore. Take care with stylesheets and javascripts.
  4. BiteTheBugByte

good place to host vBulletin?

maybe he spent all his money for the board licence :rolleyes:
  5. BiteTheBugByte

Please..can someone host school site ?

http://www.planet-school.de/webspace/index.htm what you get here: 55mb space no banners/ads ftp cgi/php unmetered traffic the only thing is the fact that it is from germany but afaik they do accept foreign webmasters, just contact them through email: webmaster@planet-school.de
  6. BiteTheBugByte

Files Anywhere :-)

Um hum, so actually it says 100 megs space with 20mb daily transfer limit, 600mb per month and it´s only allowed for mid files, why would anyone sign up with their free package? Yahoo Briefcase is quite okay though, they don´t give you so much space but it´s fast and reliable.
  7. BiteTheBugByte

multiple browser testing

hm, there is such software out there but it´s not very useful. I´m working in a big webdevelopment company and we all have to check pages manually cross browsing. But if your coding is good the less you have to check :D I have IE6, NN4.7, NN6 and Opera installed (PC) and a Mac with same...
  8. BiteTheBugByte

I´m not kidding and this is no scam!

Dedicated Server for $45 a month. ($149 one time setup fee). What you get: 6Gig Traffic inclusive per month. AMD Duron Processor 800 Mhz 256 MB SDRAM (Infineon) 40,4 GB Diskspace (Maxtor) 100 MBit Networkcard Dedicated 100 MBit Switch-Port 4 GBit Backbone 99% Reliability...
  9. BiteTheBugByte

free shell

l33t.ca does give you shell access but is slow as hell. try host.sk, sometimes they have quite acceptable speeds @shell.
  10. BiteTheBugByte

New wave of promosing good hosts!

http://www.imhosted.com http://www.gearhost.com Both have really nice packages, acceptable prices and do have a neat design. Heard of people who used them and they told me about speeds, service and so on ... everything okay. Give 'em a try. Oh, btw, gearhost.com is currently just...
  11. BiteTheBugByte

I have some new hosts to announce!!

oops, nevermind :rolleyes:
  12. BiteTheBugByte

T35!!

Can you set up a shell account on request?
  13. BiteTheBugByte

A host with PHP & CGI & fast?

via shell access, I know and sometimes host.sk is kinda fast too but only sometimes :(
  14. BiteTheBugByte

ps v2.0

:confused: hm, you offer cgi but not perl. how comes? okay, cgi just means "common gateway interface" but since let´s say 98% of all scripts that have the cgi extension are written in perl why would this be useful? also where is the problem to install Perl within the servers? If you´re...
  15. BiteTheBugByte

cluesoft.be?

hey, don´t spread the word too fast guys :)
  16. BiteTheBugByte

This shouldn't be too hard to find...

host4u.at doesn´t accept new signups
  17. BiteTheBugByte

I´ve tried multimania before but I had many problems with PHP Scripts there.. don´t ask me why, I guess their config is kinda messed up.
  18. BiteTheBugByte

hm, any other ideas?
  19. BiteTheBugByte

Don´t care about space and ads. please do not suggest the following if possible: ticky21.com host.sk l33t.ca thx.
  20. BiteTheBugByte

Server to server transer gets me mad ...

well thx, I´ve seen this one before but I need one for myself, I´m not sure if I want to post my passwords online to that site :) thx anyways
Back