• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. A

Internet Explorer...on steroids

If you already have Internet Explorer, I recommend you get MyIE2. It has so many neat little things that just greatly increase your browsing experience. Yeah.
  2. A

Ack! How do you install libraries?

I'm trying to install Aspell and Pspell, but have no clue how. Can someone help me? I'm using WinXP.
  3. A

ImageCreate() isn't a function?!

I know that PHP is bundled with the GD library. So when I'm trying to actually use it, and make a little script, I get an error. Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreate()" What the hell? Ok...I go to PHP.ini and see php_gd.dll isn't on. I try to activate it... "Failure to...
  4. A

Is my version of PHP just messed up?

The normal syntax of <?php if($somevar){ } ?> Does not work with my PHP version, it gives you an undefined. Instead, I have to use <?php if(isset($somevar)){ } ?> So it doesn't give me a bunch of warnings. Anyone else getting this problem?
  5. A

Just how much data-transfer do MySQL queries take up?

I've been wondering. While thinking about writing a few scripts, I was thinking about bandwidth. I wondered, if you had a table that contained 10,000 rows, each with a 10 byte word, plus 10 bytes of other data, when doing a "select * from table" query, how much data-transfer is that? About 200...
  6. A

Argh! Is Adelphia serious about this?

Argh! I was planning to start my own server so I could put a few things online. But NOOOOO.... http://www.adelphia.net/internet/usagepolicy.cfm :mad: No! Is there any way I am misunderstanding this? Can I do this without them seeing it? Anyone? Help? Please? Can? I? Stop? Asking...
  7. A

Recommend PHP books

I recently downloaded (is this legal? I haven't found out yet) Sams's PHP and MySQL Web Developement. What an awesome book! I had gone away from the PHP scene, and wanted to come back. I didn't want some newbie book, but I didn't want an advance one. This was PERFECT. MySQL-PHP Developement...
  8. A

For a forum script, whats the best method of searching?

I am creating a forum script, that has about the same ammount of features as vBulletin. I want to add a search feature. How would I do this? What method would you use? Which is the most efficient no matter how many posts the forum has? Thank you
  9. A

PHP Problem

Hello all, I am writing a script that you fill out a form, and it submits the form data to itself (ie <form action="<?php $PHP_SELF?>">), with a hidden field named "submit" to see if the form has been submitted when the page reloads.. The problem is when I do some php code like this...
  10. A

Your own domain registration company

So how much exactly does it cost to license, to be able to be a company like GoDaddy? Any page I can see it? I'm sure it is expensive, but I am just wondering.
  11. A

Proxomitron! I love it!

http://proxomitron.cjb.net I absolutely love this program! Features: - Pop-up killer. But unlike some pop-up killers, it doesn't stop pop-ups after the page loads, so you can get legit pop-ups. - Banner killer. I don't know how, but it gets rid of banners. I can't figure out how. It...
  12. A

vr9.com down?

What's going on? I can't acess the site. Did they shut down, or are they just having problems? BTW, anyone know a good alternative to them that has their features or better, and is currently accepting signups?
  13. A

Stop Replying With "there Is No Such Thing As Unlimited Bandwith"!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: This gets me angry! Every time when someone asks for a host with unlimited bandwith, there are 10 useless replies "There is no such thing as unlimited bandwith. Go to blah blah blah". STOP IT! STOP! All people mean is that they want to have a decent amount...
  14. A

Becoming a webhost?

Hey, I was wondering how you do this. I have a fast cable connection, 20 gigs of free space. How would one go around learning how to become a web host?
  15. A

No ads, FTP

I need a free web host that has: No ads (I'm not asking for too much, so there might be a host) FTP 10 Mb+ At least 500 mb transfer Doesn't need to have any scripting languages Thanks
  16. A

News Management -- Without Perl or PHP

I use Coranto Beta for my news updates (http://internetlibrary.vr9.com) because I need a system to archive and update my front page without doing it manually. Unfortunately, this limits the number of hosts I may use that are free (please no "get a paid host" comments here). I use vr9, but it...
  17. A

Is Cyberwings a scam?

Their prices are too low for me to believe. 4.20 a year? How do they make money? Shouldn't that be the monthly price?
  18. A

Should I change from vr9?

Hello everyone. I have my website hosted on vr9.com. I like their features (only a pop-up, cgi, FTP, subdomain, they seem like they could last a while because they only allow people with REAL e-mail adresses, not hotmail or yahoo). But they only give 5 Mb. Currently, I'm only using 300k, but...
Back