• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. W

moving a forum to a new host

I use phpBB. I am moving my site and forum to a new host, however, I want to keep all members and posts (which, honestly, aren't that many, but I still want to keep them. I've backed everything up, so how will I move the forum and keep everything I have?
  2. W

I need help with virus

I'm basically computer illiterate, so I don't know how to do this. Anyway, I just did a virus scan using McAfee Freescan (http://msn.mcafee.com) and it came up as having three viruses. (However, when I run AVG free, it comes up as no infected files). So, on the virus information, under removal...
  3. W

Hmm,, I'm not sure where to put this....

I set my homepage in IE to google.com, but when I go into IE, my homepage seems to be automatically reset to some page called webcounter.cc, something like that. This happens every other day. How does that happen?
  4. W

Is there a place for this?

I download a lot of The Sims stuff for the game. Quite a few of them are from paysites. I cannot keep subscribing to these sites when it's time to renew as real life necessities call. However, if I have to re-install the game, for some reason, I'll lose those downloads I paid for. Is there a...
  5. W

Which would you recommend of these two hosts?

tera-byte.com or below10host.com I've done a search of both of these hosts, and both had good reviews, but the last one was at least a year ago. I'm looking for a decent web host, with decent amount of space for $10 a month or less And another one, verohost.com. How are they? They look good
  6. W

monitor refresh rate

I did a search and found another thread about this, but it didn't really answer my question, so I'm gonna ask. I was having a problem with a PC game (and still am, actually), half the game screen was cut off. Someone suggested making the monitor refresh rate higher. Well, I'm afraid to try. It's...
  7. W

can anyone recommend a good PHP chat script?

And one that's easy to install....I appreciate it
  8. W

Host needed....

I need a host. I'm looking for recommendations, people who use the hosts and like them. I need 100-200mb of space, CGI, PHP with 3 MySQL databases, and will host at least two domains on one account. Price doens't matter as long as its not TOO steep. I would also like a host that will let me take...
  9. W

Ok, is this my computer? Looks like a new, weird form of advertisement....

but this website I found this on has no advertisements because it's mine, and I don't place advertisements on my sites...It's on my website, and fws.net, too. It looks like words like web host, new computer, webspace are underlined (there seems to be a theme going on) with a yellow mark and when...
  10. W

question about The Sims and my monitor...

I play The Sims, and they have two options. Play in 800x600 or 1024x768. I have used the 800x600 option for years perfectly, but now, since I got my new computer, I can't use that option. No matter what I set my resolution to, if I try to play in the 800x600 mode, the right part of the game is...
  11. W

I keep getting these weird pop ups....

they are starting to worry me a little, especially since sometimes, like when I took this screen shot, I wasn't even on a web page. Does anyone else get these? Should I be worried? IS there any way I can get rid of them?
  12. W

anzwers.org

I just discovered them. Are they fairly reliable? Would you recommend them, just for a fan site?
  13. W

Newbie MySQL question

I'm pretty much a newbie with installing php scripts. I know you can have several scripts under one database, but do you have to make a different user for each script, or can I use the same user under the same database for all the scripts I want to use?
  14. W

popuptraffic.com

I was going to sign up for them, but they asked for my SS #...are they reliable? I'd hate giving my SS# to a scam....
  15. W

Free domain hosting....

Looking through the Host FAQ, this is what I came up with..... http://www.netfirms.com/ http://www.hostingextreme.com/ http://www.portland.co.uk/ (not much monthly transfer) http://www.amzweb.net/ (must contribute posts to their forums) Which of those would you recommend? (Or are their...
  16. W

file storage with ftp

Can someone recommend me a good, free file storage with FTP? I appreciate it!
  17. W

Gizba signup

I tried to sign up for Gizba, but when I got an affiliate program ad instead of a signup page....anyone know anything about that?
  18. W

Free domain host that's not a redirection....

I know there are a lot of free domain hosts, however I want one that's not like a redirection. Shoot, I can't explain this to well....if you type in www.domain.com, it will not redirect you to a free site...did that make sense? :confused: I don't care about banner ads, those are fine with me...
  19. W

clubs?

Now that Yahoo Clubs is no more, is there a smiliar free service?
  20. W

know you get a lot of these requests, but....

Where can I order a .nu domain name with paying by money order. nunames only takes credit cards and names4ever.com once ripped me off...any help is appreciated!
Back