• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. A

exist hosting? Anyone know anything about these guys?

triple w ------------ dot com Sounds very good.....but things arent always what they seem. They claim to have been in business since 1999 and own their own datacenter.
  2. A

how extract tar.gx files in windows

i got an error the first time i tried to open in in winzip, but strangley i tried it again just now and it worked.
  3. A

want to add a "comment" funtion

i thought i would post an example of what I mean by a comment function. The simpler the script the better, I want nothing fancy, just a simple unobtrusive... It should use a text file for storage too, as I think (once I figure get the hang of this stuff) that my MySQL databses will be better...
  4. A

hmm, typo, yes, I meant tar.gz And yes, I know they are meant for installation on unix machines, and that is where I will install it, but I first need to open the file on my windows machine.......
  5. A

what program to use, where to get it?
  6. A

could you please say that it again taking into account that I have no idea what I am doing.... ;-) I should have mentioned that the solution also must be FREE. So, simple to use, basic features only. Actually the more basic the better.
  7. A

I have a page on one of my website that lists all of the talent agents in the city. I want to link each listing to its own page, where users can post thier comments about each agency. What is the best way to go about implementing this? I am not a programmer so it has to be simple enough.....
  8. A

NEED! host that accepts pre-athorized debit

yes paypal does allow you to do that, but it only applies to debit cards by visa or mastercard. A bank issue member card, that most people use for debit, is not an valid option. So PayPal is a joke. What is the point of it?
  9. A

hah! PayPal, what a joke. They let you get all signed up and they tell you: You need a credit card to "activate" your account. PayPal is completely pointless.
  10. A

terabyte has good prices, and so on

okay, question for myacen. If I want to open an account and pay with a wire transfer (western union is not any more conveinet, and probably more epxnsive) how will you know that you have recieved my payment when it enters your account? And should I use your sign up form first, and then send...
  11. A

opinions on tera-byte, 100megswebhosting.com, can-host.com

the thing about terabyte, is despite the convenience and peace of mind I would get from going with a canadian host, they don't offer nearly the same ammount of features for the price that you guys do.
  12. A

Im in canada though.... Seriously, I am not very versed in paying for sutff in any other mannner than cash or debit card, so excuse my ignorance. Where would I have to go to send money through western union?
  13. A

but they seem to lack extras, no mailing lists? Subdomains? Multiple FTP accounts? I would sign up with myacen, but who knows how long it would take to send a cheque to australia? I really need something right away.
  14. A

great, but can anyone tell me how feature, and easy to use tera-bytes control panel is? I have asked them for a demo, but they have not replied yet.
  15. A

opinions on tera-byte, 100megswebhosting.com, can-host.com on tera-byte specifically. Do they use a good, full featured control panel?
  16. A

Myacen looked really promissing, but it is clear to this poor credit-cardless bum that payment is going to be too much of a hassle. Can anyone at all recommend a host with similar plans and features to Myacen that can accept a pre-athorized debit from a canadian bank account. When I say that...
  17. A

advice on getting started with ads

naturally I will have the site up and running first. I am simply trying to get a good idea of how to approach advertising when I get to that point. Now, please, does anyone have any real advice?
  18. A

Digital Rice

so far your preditcion has been wrong. Digitalrice is still around, and not they are even better. I am not using them for and active website at the moment, but my account has stayed up and there has been little downtime. Speed is not too bad either. And, they have subdomains again!
  19. A

well, i don't really expect to make a huge ammout of money or anything, I just want to make a bit of extra cahs to cover webhosting and various expenses. I live in Canada, and as for what type of site I am going to have, that is not 100% decided. It wil actually be a network of sub-sites...
  20. A

I was hoping to find some advice on what the best way to ago about implemting ads on my site, when I should do so, and how many visitors I should have before doing so. On a side note, if anyone has any suggestions on how to drive people to my site, search engines exlcuded (what an impossible...
Back