• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. J

Try fsn.net again

these are my results to the sites: ---- FSN ---- PING from: karnivore.aeolus.wox.org (192.168.2.101) to: fsn.net (12.47.203.20) Every 500 mSecs PKT# RESULT TIME(ms) LENGTH Min Avg Max Timestamp 1 success 78 500 78 78 78 6/23/01...
  2. J

Why has my f2s site been slooooww the past week? i can upload fast , but the website

There are seperate servers for FTP and the Web. And because of stuff like server side scripting, the webserver has much more of a load put on it. --Jim Aeolus Networks
  3. J

YUPAPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, Just a few questions for Yuppa. If they get too advanced for you, or you don't know just say so. Being pretty involoved with network topologies, etc. I can get carried away. But this is what I'd generally want to look for in a host. 1. Will it last: a. Does it have any finanical...
  4. J

The Perfect Host

A website is MUCH different then a web host.
  5. J

The Perfect Host

Coolin: Not to get too technical, but an OC-255 would be 13221.65megabits/sec, so ~12.91gigabits/sec. An OC-1 is 51.85megabit/sec, so just multiply the number after the oc to get the speed in megabits. ex: 255*51.85 = 13221.65megabits/sec. I'd have to say the server is colocated. If...
  6. J

Hosting servers....

Most of the Cable ISP's do portscan's on the IP ranges they own, on the usual server ports, 21, 23, 25, 80, 110, etc. Once they get responses from the ports, they will investigate further. OOL, which is the cable isp I use, will only scan if they have reason to belive you are running a server...
  7. J

AAAhhhhh popups!!!

On the front page, I seem them.
  8. J

Innovative idea's...

ASP support on linux/bsd is kinda shaky and also expensive. Mabe not mod_asp, but I havn't seem much about it.
  9. J

What are you ppl looking for in a Web Host?

Why don't you just colocate, it will be a lot cheaper.
  10. J

Free Server With IP?

Oh yea, and 255 is used for broadcast normally.
  11. J

Free Server With IP?

The current version of IP, IP version 4 (IPv4), defines a 32-bit address which means that there are only 4,294,967,296 IPv4 addresses available. When you convert an IP, such as 193.1.1.6, into a binary string, you arrive at something like: 11000001.00000001.00000001.01000011 This is where...
  12. J

Which site has $10 domain name registratrion???

This isn't the forum to post this question.. Free Services would be the better place to, but here are some I know of: joker.com - $12 opensrs.net - $15
  13. J

Is F2S.com getting slower these days???

Well, f2s is working quite fast now for me. Pages are loading within a second or two. I've heard they installed another 100megabit pipe to the internet for the webservers. I'm getting about 100k/sec upload speeds right now, and have yet to clock the downloads.
  14. J

Free DNS service like CentralInfo?

undernic.com
  15. J

Really Unlimited space, bandwidth, cgi, php, mysql.!

Hi, I'd like to know a bit more about the server, and connection first, if it be able to handle a decent size. Plus, whats your definition of "unlimited", would I be able to setup a digital art galary with pictures in different sizes, ranging from 500k - 50 megabytes. With over 200 images...
  16. J

I have hundreds gigs pics and mpegs nd I want to share them

If I interpeted this correctly, he only wanted 50+MB, so that he could share some of the files with his friends.
  17. J

Php Nuke on f2s.com

PHPnuke runs fine on f2s. datablocks.net also runs it fine. If you need any help, feel free to ask, as I know the code inside and out. --Jim
  18. J

novaservers.com ?

Well, this is a good prospective to look at how secure windows is... Jesse, I think you would be better off switching to linux/bsd as all hosts should, solaris if you can afford it. On linux or any UNIX derrived system, their is much tighter control over file ownership and permissions. This...
  19. J

Reviews..

Just Want to point out a few things. Any person with knowledge is setting up servers whould know how to use suexec, and setup proper access permissions to secure their servers. Plus, I'd like to know how much he's bringing in for banner revenue. 1 Banner on a site? $40,000. I doubt it...
  20. J

Thinking About Starting= Personal Server

Well, server0026 does NOT run windows me. The site server0026.freedom2surf.net runs Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) on Linux. Lies, Lies, Lies.
Back