• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. Conscript

Need a favor from someone with a Word Tracker account

My free trial expired and I am not in a position to buy the full thing at the moment. But I would like to know how many searches occur daily/monthly for the keyword "prevent spyware". If someone could run that through word tracker I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
  2. Conscript

Using Opt-In E-Mail Advertising... does it work?!

Hey guys, I am considering using an opt-in e-mail campaign to launch a new product (which is nearing completion). I was wondering if anyone here has any experiences with services that claim to send your e-mail to tens of thousands of opt-in e-mail addresses. I found a few services that claim...
  3. Conscript

What do you do while a pro is making your website?

I am conducting a bit more research about how web designers and clients interact and this is the next thing I want to ask about. While you are in the process of having a website created, what are some things you do? And for web designers in here, what are some things you wish your...
  4. Conscript

Doing some research, need website designers input

Hey guys, I am doing a little research at the moment and I am trying to figure out how web designers, consultants, developers, etc. are impacted by the level of knowledge/skills that their clients possess. I want to know how having a client who knows NOTHING about the website design...
  5. Conscript

First Impressions of Sydney (2 weeks post arrival)

Well as I mentioned a while back ago I am going to be attending Macquarie University in Sydney for the year to get my masters. I arrived two weeks ago exactly and I wanted to share some of the things I noticed. Those who want to visit here, especially from the USA where I am from, may want to...
  6. Conscript

Flight of the Choncords

Who here has heard of them and their TV show? I just got the first season on DVD and I am loving it! For those that don't know it, it is about a band from New Zealand trying to make it in the USA. It is partly awkward humour and partly musical. Its some funny stuff. Here is a clip of...
  7. Conscript

It's official: I'm moving to Australia

Hey guys, As some of you probably remember I asked a bunch of questions about life in Australia as I was considering moving there, at least for my masters degree. Well it's official now, I WILL be attending Macquarie University for a year commencing this August. I got almost everything set...
  8. Conscript

For people who are here from Australia (part 2!)

Hey everyone. Several weeks ago I posted a thread directed at people from Australia as I was considering going to school there. Well, I have a quick update on that. I got accepted into the following Universities: 1. Macquarie University 2. University of Western Sydney 3. Newcastle...
  9. Conscript

Web designer needed for infomercial style website

Hi, I have a client who is in need of an infomercial style website. What this means is a website with very long web copy that tries to get its visitor to sign up for an offer on the first page. I have the content created (the web copy) and am in need of someone to put that into a visual...
  10. Conscript

So who here is from Australia?

What's up guys. I am considering moving to Australia, at least for my master's degree, and I was wondering if anyone who lives there could tell me a few things I'd need to know about living there. I am thinking of applying to the University of Newcastle in Newcastle or Ourimbah for a Master of...
  11. Conscript

Sunshine

Anyone here see the movie Sunshine? Its basically about the Sun dying and a mission being sent to detonate a giant nuclear bomb to reignite the sun and get it going again. It's science fiction of course and it is made by the same guy who made 28 Days Later and also includes Cillian Murphy...
  12. Conscript

How fast is your internet?

Well I've been doing some thinking as of late cause my internet has been disconnecting me often and giving me general problems (DSL). I decided to subscribe to cable internet in my area instead which I will get setup next week. My current speeds are 768kbps downstream and 384kbps upstream...
  13. Conscript

Anyone use SiteGrinder for Photoshop?

Hey guys, I was doing some research on how to make websites in Photoshop. Normally after a layout is made you have to manually splice the graphics and export them then put it together using CSS/HTML and what not. That takes a lot of time. I stumbled upon this plugin, however, called...
  14. Conscript

Need some quick CSS help - invisible image!

Okay, here is what is going on. I am designing a page and I want a background image for my DIV tag. So here is the style I use: #header{ position: relative; background-color: #5F6BA7; background-image: url(images/mainbackground.jpg); background-attachment: fixed...
  15. Conscript

Immediate Opportunity for a Web Designer

Hello, I am looking for someone who has artistic talent and abilities in web design. What I am specifically looking for is: - The ability to convert wireframe diagrams and website descriptions into actual functioning pages. - Good knowledge of graphics editing and web design that can...
  16. Conscript

Looking for a web designer

I am currently working on a project for a client and I am in need of a web template that I can use for a website. Some quick details about the project: - The website needs to look very professional - All source materials must be turned over (e.x. photoshop files) - All work must be...
  17. Conscript

Potential Internet Based Jobs - Need Feedback!

Hi everyone. I am in the process of working with a new venture team on launching an internet company and I wanted to do some research on internet-based jobs. Basically since the company will not have a physical headquarters (colloboration will be handled entirely through internet...
  18. Conscript

How much would you expect to make?

If you had a website that recieved 10,000 unique visitors per day, how much would you expect to make from a CPC like Google? What other strategies would you use to generate money and how much would you expect to make? The site would be a content-rich site that attracts a highly targetted...
  19. Conscript

Paying for hits a scam?

I looked at several sites today that claim to offer X amount of hits for $x. A couple of things that are suspicious for me is that they don't allow frame breaking scripts to be on the page they promote, or popups/popunders, etc. It sounds to me like they just wrote a quick program that...
  20. Conscript

Website Promotion Services

I was wondering what's the scoop on submission services and software for promoting a website. After googling the topic for a couple of hours I found a wide variety of products and services. 1. Services that provide monthly resubmissions to websites, search engines, lists, etc. at prices...
Back