• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. Conscript

Web developer stigma

It happens because of bad business practices on the part of website designers. When the web design industry exploded, everyone and their momma wanted to be a web designer. Instead of focusing on how to be different from everyone else based on quality, skills, education, etc. all web designers...
  2. Conscript

Wallpaper site

Its okay TimeLord, we understanding that when you travel in the TARDIS issues of time and date must get a little bit confusing. With that said, www.interfacelift.com is also a great wallpaper site.
  3. Conscript

Relationship advice, gentlemen

Eh... I do most of these already...
  4. Conscript

iPhone 3GS

I got the 3GS on launch day (had it delivered to me) and I am happy with my purchase. I was disappointed with the battery life (draining to about 10% each day with just moderate use). After turning off Push e-mail, though, and setting it to check just once an hour, I now can go a whole day and...
  5. Conscript

Ugly Designer Laptops

I have bought from CyberPowerSystem before, which looks pretty similar. The deal was good, but the support was lacking. Also, it would be harder to find replacement parts should anything break like the keyboard or screen (and no, it is not cheaper to buy a new one if you are spending $1k on a...
  6. Conscript

Ugly Designer Laptops

Nothing beats a Mac in terms of design quality. Yeah, they are expensive for what you get inside, but they perform good enough. Mac OS is superior, IMO, for everyday tasks most users need, and you can always run Windows if that's your bag too. No silly stickers, crazy patterns, wacky colors or...
  7. Conscript

dell adamo

And people say Apple is overpriced! I guess when PCs become stylish just like Apple computers, their prices go up accordingly (if not higher).
  8. Conscript

Piratebay sentenced to 1 year in prison

Even if they themselves don't participate in criminal activity their website certainly enables others to commit crimes. It's not exactly a case of "well should stores be prosecuted for selling bullets" kind of thing either because they knowingly index copyrighted material on their site and...
  9. Conscript

24 was good in seasons 1, 2, 3, and even 4. 5 was okay but going down, 6 was crap, but this (7) is the BEST SEASON YET!!!
  10. Conscript

I baught a cheap laptop - cannot find a support website

There are programs that let you extract the CD KEY of the OS and any installed software. Use that, get some original discs from friends, and reinstall using your licenses. Should be the best way.
  11. Conscript

Need a favor from someone with a Word Tracker account

My free trial expired and I am not in a position to buy the full thing at the moment. But I would like to know how many searches occur daily/monthly for the keyword "prevent spyware". If someone could run that through word tracker I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
  12. Conscript

more craigslist Ad sexyness

$10 daily stipend to bust your balls 30 hours a week (minimum 4 days it seems) for obviously very picky people? No thanks. $10 won't even buy you lunch in Manhattan. I wonder if it would even pay for the commute to and from there. I think one of my biggest pet peeves are employers (and business...
  13. Conscript

Free Hosting in 2009

So how are they making money or even staying alive?
  14. Conscript

Adware and Spyware Issues

Actually Spyware Blaster does not run in the background. It just does some magic tricks to your configuration and registry in order to block software, at least that is my understanding.
  15. Conscript

Wow, this is amazing

Not quite. I think iPower is offering their standard "one size fits all package" for $47 per year right now if I am not mistaken. And unlike many "web hosts" that lurk around the internet, they are a real company with real people answering their phones, and over the last several years (since...
  16. Conscript

Free Auto Directory Submission

What kind of directories are we talking about here? From my experience, FFA lists and random directories (the kind that get included in software programs that submit your website to 5 million + sites) usually result in a net gain of NOT A SINGLE extra visitor per day, so don't waste your time...
  17. Conscript

Using Opt-In E-Mail Advertising... does it work?!

Well the difference between Spam and an opt-in list is that people signed up for the offers. If I started receiving offers from hosts because I accidently left that box checked and I did not want to receive them, I would click the opt out box (knowing it is legitimate because I signed up for...
  18. Conscript

I agree with most of what you guys are saying. But I would imagine if 1,000,000 e-mails go out, what is the statistical probability at least a few would result in sales? I mean if only 10% (which is the company guarantee) are opened, that's 100,000 people who read/scan the e-mail. If only 1%...
  19. Conscript

Wow, this is amazing

What are the domains? Maybe they aren't that great. I can't imagine anyone these days really wanting free domains (that they didn't pick) seeing as A) how usually they are of little use to people as they may be irrelavant for the type of website that the person is looking to create and B)...
  20. Conscript

Hey guys, I am considering using an opt-in e-mail campaign to launch a new product (which is nearing completion). I was wondering if anyone here has any experiences with services that claim to send your e-mail to tens of thousands of opt-in e-mail addresses. I found a few services that claim...
Back