• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. W

PHP / MYSQL Help Needed

Hello I have a quick question which i hope somebody can answer. I have to tables with in a mysql database set out like below Table 1 - ID - USER - SCORE - SECTION Table 2 - ID - Guest - SCORE - SECTION (Not exactly the same set up but using the above as an example.) I need to...
  2. W

Modal Windows - Javascript/Jquery

Is there a way you can transfer data when a user clicks on a modal window link and it opens up? Any help would be appreciated Thanks
  3. W

PHP Mysql

I have to somehow make these arrays using php reading the values from a mysql database. Can you help. The Array name isneeds to be fruits. Then in the array it has the name of the fruit. Image, description and then a onclick link...
  4. W

Help required

Hello, Just a quick php question that may be easy to do.... I need code that when a user joins it get the date and time and stores it in a database. Then I need code so when the user logs on next it checks to see if it is 48hrs since they joined and if so it changes a value in the database...
  5. W

Saving Images

Is it possible to save uploaded images in a mysql database?? If so can you show me how to set up the db then a simple code to add the picture to the db and how to retrieve it many thanks
  6. W

Need code possible Javascript

Hey Guys, Looking for some code that will do the following. Read values from a mysql db. Three field A, B, C, Of now there will be 5 records on a page: A B C A B C A B C etc At the end of the line is a yes and a no button. If the yes botton is clicked then we need to change the...
  7. W

PHP MYSQL (should be easy :) )

For the life of me I cannot remember how to fix it so can someone here rejig my memory..... PROBLEM: in a mysql db I have a value "Lance O'Connor" but when i read the value in php it comes out as "Lance O" can somebody please remind me how I get the value to come out on php as "Lance...
  8. W

File permission help

I have a VPS and when i upload files it automatically does the file permissions as 644! (Which is no good when using most php scripts!!) Is there a way to change it so it automatically changes hem to 744 or 755?? Thanks in advance
  9. W

PHP - VPS Problem

Hi, I moved to a new VPS and I'm having some problems. If i go to forum.domain.com it does not work if i goto www.forum.domain.com then it works but if i go to forum1.domain.com then it works also can someone please help as to why forum would only work with www. and why forum1. sub...
  10. W

PHP MYSQL Question

Hi, I have two domains hosted with two different host. One with shared hosting and one on a VPS. My question is: Is it possible for the domain hosted on the shared hosting site to read and use a database on the VPS. My problem is the shared hosting mysql goes down quiet a bit but the...
  11. W

php problem

Should be an easy fix but I have forgot. :( got a script that shows link as: http://mydomain.com/user and goes to http://mydomain.com/profile.php?username=user but it is not working. Can remember what setting I need to change on server to get this to work. Help would be appreciated...
  12. W

Flash problem please help

Hey, I had a flash script that read from a mysql db that was working fine up until the other day. Now it won't read from the db. I have a vps is there a setting that may of got changed??? Please help ASAP Regards
  13. W

Get first letter of surname

If i have a database of name and they are saved as one i.e Joe Blog, how can I get it so i can search the database and get all names starting with a particular letter. I.e 'b' would give me Joe Blog Thanks in advance
  14. W

php user galleries & bandwith

Hello, I want to add a section to my site where users can upload photos to put in there galleries for other users to view. My question is would this use alot of bandwith if there is over 10,000 people doing this? and what would be the best way to save the photos and bring them up. i.e in...
  15. W

DOB Script

Hi, I would like to get a user to add his dob and then save it in a mysql database. Does any body know how to do this or know a good script. I would also like it to be able to display the persons age using the dob as well as displaying current users birthdays. Thanks in advance
  16. W

Secure Login script

Hey Can somebody please point me in the right direction to find a secure login script that is easy to use and would keep web pages restricted to members access. Preferbably using mysql Many thanks in advance
  17. W

Cronjob Help

Can somebody show me how I could set up a cronjob to run a particular script every friday night at 7pm Thanks in advance
  18. W

PHP Problem

Ok I have a link that looks like this: http://mydomain.com/index.php?act=Arcade now at the top of the page I have the following.. if($act=='Arcade'){ }else{ header("Location: home.php"); die(); } But for some reason it doesn't continue to load when i go to the direct link it...
  19. W

Get Filename

Does anybody now how i would get a name of a file/picture if i have them saved in a mysql database as the following www.domainname.com/images/file.jpg www.domainname.com/images/thumbs/file.jpg I wanna just read the file.jpg from both of them
  20. W

Resize Image on Upload

Hey Does anybody now of a way or a script that i could use when uploading picture files which would load the image and save them in the following way: 1 As a thumbnail i.e 70X70 2 As a image used in flash i.e 100x100 3 as in its original form Thanks in advance
Back