• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. B

Portland?? @!#?%§!!

We don't talk about gigabytes of traffic, but about maybe 110 or 120 MB instead of 100 MB/month. Also, it was the first time the site exceed the maximum traffic... Ahem...too "successful" for Portland means 20-50 unique hits/day. The traffic is generated by viewing HTML documents, there are...
  2. B

Portland?? @!#?%§!!

Who said it's blackmail according to the law? This is not the point. To lock down a site permanently for the mentioned reason is both unusual and unfair. To "force" people to buy overpriced bandwidth to get their site back is certainly not nice either. It's easy to move the site to a better...
  3. B

Portland?? @!#?%§!!

Just discovered that Portland.co.uk locks your site *permanently* once you exceed your bandwidth quota (100 MB/month), asking you to pay ₤14.10 (for an additional 1 GB of bandwidth). Okay, you get what you pay for, but that's blackmail. Isn't it enough to block the site once it goes over the...
  4. B

What do you think?

Is the grey of the caption supposed to be different than the grey in the background? On my monitor it looks darker. Hint: Since there are few different colors in your caption, you should better use a (transparent) GIF...16 colors are probably enough. Smaller file size, but otherwise identical.
  5. B

Review & testers needed

Hi, thanks for your comments. I've added a preview function & fixed the password thing. New version is uploaded. As far as Mozilla is concerned...not sure what the problem precisely is. But I'll try to find it out. :cool2:
  6. B

Review & testers needed

Arghh!! Just realized my board was set "read only" when I posted the above, so anyone who might have tried to test it... :doh!: Well, I've changed the setting and posting should work now. My apologies... :confused2
  7. B

Review & testers needed

Hi, I need some opinions about the newest version (1.5.1) of my phpWWWBoard, which is a database-less WWWBoard-like message board written in PHP. Features: - threaded message board - post either using a regular form or a WYSIWYG editor - Smilies - BBCode support - member...
  8. B

FTP Clients

IMO: Best FTP client: CuteFTP Best freeware FTP client: AceFTP http://freeware.aceftp.com/
  9. B

Portland removes PHP support

An email from Portland Sales: With immediate effect, Portland Communications Ltd can no longer support PHP on our Freeweb Accounts. A small minority of users have continued to abuse the Free service and this is no longer viewed as acceptable. If your website relies on PHP please...
  10. B

New FWP (Heavy Metal-related websites)

http://www.metalprovider.com Unlimited webspace Advertising free page CGI support Database support PHP support Free Counter Free Guestbook FTP upload www.metalprovider.com/yourname Heavy Metal-related pages only!
  11. B

Feedback needed on these hosts.

Spaceports PRO: - reliable - fast CON: - PHP/CGI are NOT available on regular accounts, they are a free add-on you have to apply for separately - PHP/CGI pages are hosted on separate servers that block all traffic coming from outside Spaceports. In other words: You can't link to any...
  12. B

What's this space support?

Piranho is more a community than a FWP - free webspace is merely some kind of "add-on". And actually this place is not really intended for an international audience. They've strict content guidelines and they will without any doubt delete you sooner or later. Especially if you plan to put up a...
  13. B

Remotely hosted THREADED message boards?

I know there are quite a few services that offer remotely hosted bulletin boards. But what about simple, old-fashioned threaded message boards...like for example the good old WWWBoard, or preferably, a little better perhaps? http://www.server.com comes to my mind. Not bad, but not really...
  14. B

Please review this...

I will make it available for download as soon as it is fully tested. There are also a few improvements planned, like a configuration script that enables the user to customize the board (seamless integration into an existing website etc.). I'll announce it here on the board as soon as it's...
  15. B

Please review this...

Hi everyone, please review the latest version of my phpWWWBoard! Features: - a simple threaded message board! - does not require a database! - server-friendly, fast! - registration of nicks possible (registered nicks appear in a color of your choice)! - registered users can edit their...
  16. B

Low-cost hosts & reliability

@Jan: Even though my site is bursting at the seams (it spans over several FWP) I don't know if I'll make this step at this point. Currently I'm doing some research to find out if my expectations regarding paid webhosting are realistic at all. From what I've heard, some low-cost hosts a bit...
  17. B

Low-cost hosts & reliability

Opinions about/experiences with any of these hosts/plans? http://www.aventurehosting.co.uk (Professional plan, 1000 MB/15 GB = $89.99/yr) http://www.allabouthosting.co.uk/hosting.html (Professional plan, 1000 MB/10 GB = $70/yr) http://www.---------------/5gbplans.htm (4GB Plan, 4 GB/12...
  18. B

Tripod/Lycos.nl???

Nitroboy: Thanks for the translation! I once got a Tripod.de account closed and it took 5 emails (4 of which weren't answered) to get an explanation: Allegedly I had offered "large files for download". Not true...the biggest file was a 400 KB jpeg (and not even on the main page, but in a...
  19. B

Tripod/Lycos.nl???

Just received the following email from Tripod/Lycos.nl: I don't really speak Dutch, but what I understand is that they closed my account due to "abuse". The funny thing is: I don't have the slightest idea what they mean. All I had uploaded was a simple little message board, merely for...
  20. B

Wolfserver.net goes offline

...next Friday. Just received an email in which they announce this decision. Damn! Their server was pretty fast and reliable. At least they are fair enough to warn their users in advance (which cannot be said about a few other ex-FWP). The search goes on... :confused2
Back