• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. P

Please read first!

On a similar note, you've got listed VersiForum in the forums system list - its ASP, not PHP & MySql - oh and you spelt it versoforum in the list ;)
  2. P

Supanames = Crap!!! Dont Touch

No, I'm on server 8 - but it should work on any of them. I'd suggest posting on a PHP forum somewhere and asking what that error means!
  3. P

Copyright

Thing is that its not a matter for nominet, as they handle disputes about the domains themselves - this company don't seem to be worried about getting the domain - they're just worried about the name being used. I agree with what people have been saying about trademarks - its very unlikley...
  4. P

Supanames = Crap!!! Dont Touch

I too have got it setup fine on supanames
  5. P

Domains pointing at subdirectories

I've done some research and found that .htaccess files do work on NT - but only when using Apache as the webserver - and I need IIS5 :( (I also quite like it :p ) Thanks anyway for helping! :) Giancarlo, I'm guessing maybe it could be a virtual directory?
  6. P

Reseller Programs...

I don't think running a hosting business on them is a good idea, but if you do web design and have lots of clients, or you have lots of sites yourself I think its a great idea - I'm getting one hopefully! :D
  7. P

Frame forwarding? That sounds like that thing when you have a frames page with one big frame that points to a location on another server, just to hide the url in the browser address bar. Does it mean this as well? :confused:
  8. P

Thats what im doing at the moment, but I would really like them to be proper domains instead of just redirecting :) Do you have to be using apache/*nix for .htaccess files? I forgot to mention that I'm using asp so its got to be windows 2000 / IIS5
  9. P

Does anyone know what its called when you have an account, with a main domain name, and then you have another domain that points at a subdirectory of that (not just redirecting) For example domain1.com could point at maindomain.com/domain1 - but visitors would just see domain1.com. its like...
  10. P

Forums coded by me from scratch

Yes, originally they werent designed to handle that many posts (my forums kind of got bigger than i thought!) but with the new release version I restructured it - I did some tests, and its about 12 times faster! :) (Plus my host isn't the fastest ever, but hey, they arent to expensive ;))
  11. P

Well considering I made it and that I have never seen one the same, I deffinatley didn't steal it - maybe they did (whoever they are, you havent said!)
  12. P

I did originally have them looking a lot different, but in the end I realised why so many forums look the same - that layout works well! Mine didn't! I am still trying to think of new layouts, because the forums are completley template controlled - so I can easily change it (and so can anyone else)
  13. P

Yep, as I said in my post and conkermaniac said, you can download it at http://www.versiforum.com This is just the basic system, I'm adding loads of features on. A few of which, as far as i know, no other forum system has - but I'm keeping them a secret until they are done so people dont nick...
  14. P

As some people wanted to know about the forum systems release, just thought i'd let you know that it has now been released at http://www.versiforum.com - its only a first version with features missing, but its almost the same as the one running the main forums (in fact most of its better!)
  15. P

msms

16. P

msms

I just wondered what you thought of this script, I haven't heard much about what people think. Its called MSMS (Modular Site Management System). The basic idea is that you put it on your site, and it handles user signup, logging in etc. It has basic features such as profiles and a private...
  17. P

Sorry, posted that without realising you'd already got in! Welcome 84th member! :D
  18. P

Oh, thats not an error! You just need to tick the I agree box under the terms and conditions!
  19. P

The server was having a few problems recently, I dont know why, but a few people have said they couldnt get in properly. It seems to be working fine now though! *crosses fingers* Link to signup page I'm hoping that release isn't too far away now, I'll let you know when! :D
  20. P

New Hosting Game!

me too :) webmaster@pwnm.net
Back