• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. O

Javascript: Concatenate passed variable to name of form element?

Hi, Say I have a form with elements 'textbox1' thru to 'textbox10'. I am trying to use a javascript function to pass the returned row ID from an SQL database for example: <input type="text" name="textbox1" value="" onclick="javascript:functionname(<?= $sql_rowid ?>)" /> I want to be...
  2. O

Security - Firing off commands as root from the web?

I would like to know how secure the follow procedure to execute a command as root would be, and if any mods could be made to better it, or if a better procedure to do this exists?: Connect to an SSL enabled website which requires login authentication against an SQL database. Input and...
  3. O

i couldnt resist...

im sure we've seen all the stupid auctions on ebay of ppl selling themselves as the ex-boyfriend u neva had... their virginity... etc.. i've decided to participate in this madness to sell my deceased virtual pet/tamagotchi...
  4. O

Windows 2003 Server Licensing

Could someone please answer this scenario for me to help me understand the 'per user/per device' method of Windows 2003 Server CALs. - 5 Servers - 40 Workstations Would this require 200 CALs or 40? Are router's & network printers counted as a device accessing a server? thx
  5. O

Humor site affiliation / more hits

My site has been up since May at www.cheaphumor.com.ru and after submitting it to over 40 search engines/directories it is still a low-traffic site. I have recently become affiliates with 3 other sites, which are forum-based sites. These havn't seemed to help boost hits either. Any tips...
  6. O

REQUEST: 10mb, PHP, MySQL, DNS for Humor Site

I am looking for somewhere to host my site as the new owner of my host failed to pay their resseller bill and has been uncontactable and doesnt seem to be for anytime soon. My site is based on PHP with a MySQL backend. It is humor based which consists of jokes. Not pics and vidz. I would give...
  7. O

how to register...MY way...

I'm guessing a lot of you gave up on registering .com.ru domains cos' its too damn hard to use their template system or can't translate the russian on the online form? I finally managed to register a maintainer, 2 persons and an organization. I just completed logging in and creating a domain...
  8. O

uni.cc domains with cpanel hosts

has anyone successfully been able to successfully park a uni.cc domain with a cpanel webhost thru DNS? i get a message wen i try to saying something like 'nameserver ip cannot be determined'. ive tried everything i can think of to get it happenin. im aware uni.cc has probs with cpanel hosts. i...
  9. O

Review: CheapHumor

I have not officially released my site as yet, but please let me know what you think. All features on the site are fully operational. feel free to test them out. http://cheaphumor.helphousehosting.info/index.php I have entirely coded the site in PHP from scratch and is not based upon any...
  10. O

Not TOO Much

I am looking for a host which provides: + 5MB of space + PHP + 1x MySQL Database + FTP + Sendmail + 500MB+ Bandwidth + X number of forum posts NOT required + DNS (Ability to host a uni.cc subdomain without redirection) I am attempting to bring my site, CheapHumor back...
  11. O

ASP or ASP.NET Resources?

For the last few years i have been screwin' with PHP and MySQL. Now i am wanting to learn to code in ASP or ASP.NET and MSSQL. Does anyone know of any good ONLINE resources for a novice-intermediate user to learn the basics of coding in these languages? as well as to connect to a MSSQL server...
  12. O

designer?

sorry in advance to fws.net if i have posted in the wrong forum. for a school assessment in Visual Communication & Design (Graphics) i am required to interview a designer of some type, such as a web designer, graphic designer, multimedia designer, fashion designer, etc...I did have a designer...
  13. O

need a host with...

+ frontpage extensions + user placeable ads (no frames, popups=mayb) + 10+mb + 500+mb transfer + subdomain (domain hosting if possible) + php+mysql (if possible) hosting needed to host personal site and linkin park fan site. also, if php+mysql is possible then it will b used for...
  14. O

i need linux!

i need a small linux distribution that can run: - MySQL 3.23.58 - Apache 1.3.28 - PHP 4.3.3 - Has support for SMP (2 proccessors) i will need this for developing. I have no need for an xserver or anything like that, just the command line. i have tried the following distros: -...
  15. O

best flash creator

which is the best flash creation program with transitions and an intermediate interface? or which is the best in general?
  16. O

5mb, php, mysql, domain hosting

my free host (nicewebshost.com) is closing down and i am in need of free hosting. could someone please suggest to me a host with the following: + 5mb of Space + PHP with sendmail + MySQL + 500mb of Bandwith + Domain Hosting (www.cheaphumour.za.net) i dont mind linkbacks...
  17. O

5+mb, FP, no ads, sub-domain/domain hosting??

does anyone know of a host with: + 5+ MB of space + No Ads + Frontpage Extensions + Subdomain or Domain Hosting or any that come close to this criteria? thx
  18. O

how to?

just wondering how i would include an existing varible into a new one for example if $var = "1" how would it include the 1 in the middle of a new variable for instance if the variable was something like $some1thing and the '1' was where the $var was. so if $var = "2", the new variable...
  19. O

PHP Development <- Need Host Reccomendation

for my site i am looking for host where i could just use it to develop scripting for it (PHP). for that i will need a host with the following: + 3mb of space + average speed (faster the better) + ftp + preferably no adverts + PHP and MySQL got ne ideas? i was...
  20. O

frontpage enabled...desperate

for a school assignment i am in need of approximatly 10mb (5mb mayb) of frontpage enabled webspace. I do not need a great deal of B/W, mayb 100mb-200mb. I would need this space for about 6 weeks. i would prefer a subdomain with no ads or one popup. for my assignment i have to demonstrate to a...
Back