• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. T

Space for my mpg's...getting desperate.

Hello, I have some perfectly legal mpg's that need web space. The files are 4-13 megs. My paid hosting web space is full so I need a place to put those files. I need a provider who doesn't claim the copyrights and has atleast 100 meg a day d/l limit. I need about 150 megs of total space...
  2. T

free mpg storage for sharing??

Hi, I have 5 to 10 mpg -files around 5-13 megs size. I would use my paid hosting account (enough space) but I'm afraid I'll go over my bandwidth limit. I need a user friendly storage space for the files. The best option would of course be that visitors could download it normally from my...
  3. T

NBCI & Copyright?

Hi! I remember there was something strange in NBCi:s TOS on copyright issues... Do they claim some rights on material uploaded to their servers? Also... Is it a violation of their TOS if I store mpegs under 5 meg on their servers. Not having HTML at all, I mean. So do they delete my...
  4. T

Is it possible to have IE 4 and IE5.5 on the same machine and how?

Is it possible to have IE 4 and IE5.5 on the same machine and how? When I've tried to install an earlier version of Internet Explorer my machine says that I already have newer version and It's not possible to install an old one. It would be really nice having different versions of IE when...
  5. T

Analog question?

Hello! Ok, I'm a little lazy now but why isn't hostexclude working for me? I placed it under the in/excludes. 2nd question: Is there a way to see what links are followed from my site? (like ax is doing) 3rd: How do I keep track on unique visitors? 4th: Is there a way to keep track...
  6. T

Forwarded email or POP3?

I was just wondering which one to use: forwarded email or POP3? POP3 has to be retrieved so it's extra trouble. Many hosts offer POP3 (no SMTP) and forwarding and I don't get it why POP3 is made a bit more valuable or professional (or is it? looks that way). Do I miss something if I use...
  7. T

Changing index.html to something else?

How do I change the default page of my site to something other than index.html? there's this file at my root: #index.html# does it have something to do with the changing? thanks!
  8. T

What's the logic in IP-numbers?

How do you read these? 194.143.164.106 Does the first numben indicate country/ISP or something, second stands for X etc. Is there some kind of a logic behind. And what does these AS numbers mean (for example AS 5413)? I would just like to learn... thanks
  9. T

Differences in dowload speeds with NS & IE?!

HI, How do you explain this: I downloaded the same file from 3 different locations (the file was at the same location but me was positioned at 3 different places using different backbones) using IE 4 and NS4.06 or IE5.5, NS4.08 and NS6. Every time IE was significantly faster in bringing...
  10. T

Adding web based email to virtual hosting account?

Hello, Is it possible to install some kind of a script to my web account that works like a web based email (using pop3/imap)? Without mySQL if possible. thanks
  11. T

Super BIIG popup at VirtualAve?

I went to my site and there it was twice! First the normal popup and then awhole monitor sized window (it came twice). Someone else noticed this?
  12. T

Is there a way to test how much bandwidth my site eats?

Hello, Is there a script or something that measures how much bandwidth my site uses? Thanks!
  13. T

NT or UNIX? What's the difference

What is the difference between those two. Is it actually about just the same which I choose? I checked the openhosting.co.uk. They are NT and very low priced...any experiences?
  14. T

Help a first time domain buyer

Hello! I don't have my own domain yet. I live in Europe and possibly my site will be hosted by European company (today its at VirtualAve). Is it possible to register a domain name on some US/or other company (for example: http://weblaunching.net ). I have no idea how this thing works...
  15. T

What kind of connections FWPs got? (Netcabins, Virtualave etc...)A

Hello! Have you any idea on what kind of connections (or hardware, how many servers etc....)your free web host runs. I 'found' a nice looking fwp digitalrice.com and they have 2 T1's (do not know more except about 1200 accounts). What about: Netcabins ? Worldzone (multiple T3 if I...
  16. T

Digitalrice.com?

Hello! Any experiences with digitalrice.com? Looks cheap...
  17. T

Help! How to make navcond.js Netscape6 complient?

Hello, I doing a redesign on my site and found an excellent dhtml/javascript menubar/navigation bar that works great with IE5-5.5 and NS4.7 but as I just found out...isn't even visible on Netscape 6. I have done a lot of work so I wouldn't want to redo all my work and I'm askin does anyone...
  18. T

Problems! Help, my site vanished!

I don't know what actually happened. When I tried to delete one html page and I wasn't able to remove it. I tried chmodin it to 777 but no luck (wasn't able to delete it). After that I chmoded it back to 644 (with wsftp le). Then I got stuck in that dir, closed connection and no more my site or...
  19. T

Netfirms ftp acting as a server?

What does it mean that when I connect with Ws-FTPle to my Netfirms account it asks if I allow the ftp program to act as a server? Also why is it so slow? It looks like its fast but when I'm for example opening a new folder it takes about one minute to get the listing complete. Also uploading...
  20. T

What's the difference between VirtualAve and Hypermart?

I was just wondering are they just alike. Same people doing the job? TOS seems the same and go2net. Are they the same? Servers in a different location, maybe?
Back