• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. C

Time to rebuild my host spread

Heh yeah it's a little out of date :) Proprietary panel is a mess but far more efficient than all the others we've tried over the years. Working on a redesign in the background. As far are the other options, most are security related, one is lack of Domains ( on my perpetual to-do list). If I...
  2. C

Time to rebuild my host spread

Hey Tao - I just lurk a lot nowadays - things are insanely busy, so I rarely get the time to peruse the forums anymore. CWahi is chugging along - as of now 158,800 members and growth is accelerating. When I do visit here I check your hosting spread thread :)
  3. C

Hosting For Linux Distro [LinuxShark]

TaoPhoenix did the right thing - cut and paste my exact words to him for all to see :) I don't post often in here - running CWahi keeps me busy (nearing 40k users and counting) - so for him to relay, verbatim, my words saved me some time :)
  4. C

The original free unlimited webhost is back

Yeah, we have been having fun for the past couple of weeks. Apparently our data center hosts a Canadian gov't "agency" that has been coming under a DDOS. They have been getting good at filtering them out, but it's frustrating - it affects everyone in the data center. Still, they managed to...
  5. C

PHP 6 is removing Safe Mode. It's almost useless and a crutch for those that don't know how to do security correctly :) We do. Check it out for yourself: http://ca.php.net/features.safe-mode
  6. C

I found a bug in the operating systems TCP/IP stack which was patched with a later version. Since updating it, the "mini-fails" have almost completely disappeared. It peaked at about 1% but now we have 10 over the past 100,000 page loads - and most of those those were on 1 persons script which...
  7. C

OMG - this only appeared to me today with todays date. I coulda swore - I checked before replying. Actually I'm having odd issues with the new FF 3.0.3 patch. Either my eyes or my system needs a checkout. *mea culpa*
  8. C

The limit only applies for the web based uploads. It's because the files are uploaded via HTTP, saved on the front end web server, then the net2ftp script moves them via FTP to the backend. Use FTP directly - upload all you want, all day long! We clarified that both on the main page and in...
  9. C

"Garbage Anti-Host"

But but, if you get your ISP connection axed, how will you get back online? I like the humourous aspect of what you are thinking - very ironic :evilb:
  10. C

"Garbage Anti-Host"

Check your ISPs TOS. Some explicitly prohibit the use of your service to host servers. Also, upload b/w (to the net) tends to be a fraction of what your download b/w is. My ISP bans it - my upload b/w is 1Mbps and my d/l is 7Mbps. That's useless for serving out pages unfortunately.
  11. C

Which PPC program do you use for ad supported hosting?

OpenX is phenomenal. It's as powerful (and sometimes more) than proprietary "pro" solutions. Takes a while to wrap your head around it, but when you do...
  12. C

Oh don't jack up the price on existing customers. Only on new. NEVER increase the price on old...

Oh don't jack up the price on existing customers. Only on new. NEVER increase the price on old customers!! Hate and exodus will follow. I actively allowed my resellers except 3 die off. The support load was incredible for most. The last three that I have are awesome. One just upgraded to a...
  13. C

Hey Dan, I reviewed your website and I have a few pointers/tips for you. #1 - your costs for...

Hey Dan, I reviewed your website and I have a few pointers/tips for you. #1 - your costs for your shared hosting are too low. People will look at the $1.99 and $3.99 and think "hrm, cheap" and wonder what the problem is. I would go $3.99 / $5.99 / $8.99 - and remove resellers I went the route...
  14. C

HOW TO: How No Limit Hosting Is Possible - CWahi.Net's Setup

That would be nice :) Cwahi is *almost* real xhtml - almost. heheheh I need to improve my forum-fu so that I don't need to double post no more! I apologize for any delays in responses - spent the rest of yesterday at my parents with my baby girl and her cousins. Nothing better than...
  15. C

CMS for a restaurant

Joomla is one of the preferred CMSs for novices and advanced alike. If it's just for their web site, a CMS is great.
  16. C

Review my WHMCS Integration

Very nice and clean. If you are having tables, images and stuff going outside of divs (extending out beyond them - I only have FF3 on this laptop) or even being clipped, you would need to use the 'hollyhack' for the containing CSS. See here...
  17. C

Mirrored Server Help

Mysql has a clustering module so that you can run in master/slave mode or I even believe master/master. Google "mysql cluster" for that - it's done all in their config. If all the changing data is contained in the databases, then your only real concern is mysql clustering. If they have to be...
  18. C

Tech I do well. Graphics? Um, just look at my sites. The free one I paid for and was happy with - and I did the template for the paid site. Someone needs to keep me away from graphics :)
  19. C

Dan had asked for detail in the other thread, so I gave it. I avoided excessive detail until in chat with him where I could spell it out and answer any questions he had. The in-detail version is a*lot* longer :)
  20. C

Dan thanks for that - it takes integrity. I was happy to chat with you! And anyone for that matter.
Back