• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. bryonhost1

Cinderella-Arrested!

Hi! Well..that's it. I have no doubt..the end of the world as we know it is here. http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/15/disney.protesters.ap/index.html We have really gone too far now..Cinderella, Snow White and Tinkerbell-behind bars. It's just...too much. >>And then add the bigfoot...
  2. bryonhost1

fiveminuteVPS & connecthost

Hi! Well..I just came from the-other-board and Kody has been a busy little bee over there. Perhaps posting over there might help? I really try to avoid going there only when I really have to or need something. Jest a thought... Bryon
  3. bryonhost1

Favorite movie quotes

Hi! Ok..a few more classics: Star Trek: Bones: Dammit, Jim! I'm just a country doctor! Goldfinger: Bond: I guess you expect me to talk? Goldfinger: No, Mr. Bond! I expect you to die! Young Frankenstein: Dr. Frank: Nice Knockers! Inga: Thank you! _ Dr. Frank: Fronk-en-steen! Igor...
  4. bryonhost1

Favorite movie quotes

Hi! Short Circuit: Johnny 5: Nice software! GoldenEye: Bondbabe: Do you have to destroy every vehicle you get into? Bond: Standard Operation Procedure I may think of a few more laters. Back to Netflix on-demand! Johnny 5: More input! More input! Bryon
  5. bryonhost1

Hee..banned only after two days! A record!

Hi! Aye. Possible. However..I'm not sure why you would want that. The fanciest VPS setup I have ever done was one with one ip..and six apache versions running at the same time..all listening to different ports. I think I just went up: 80,81,82,83,84,85 Six complete separate installs..quite...
  6. bryonhost1

Hi! Annoying? Naaa..I use grub to make partitions active. Ask grub for a command line: rootnoverify (hd0,7) makeactive chainloader +1 boot Of course..assuming you want to boot from partition #8. I love gparted. Never, ever trust Winders to partition a drive that you want Linux or Solaris...
  7. bryonhost1

Hi! Heh. Yup..Demon Daemons even! <LOL> You know...I have given up trying to explain how some things work to people who ask. Here I am..trying to reduce it to the simplest terms possible..and still their eyes gloss over about two minutes in and it is clear they are lost. From now on...it's...
  8. bryonhost1

Hi! Oh! One more thing to add to your notes about dealing with drives. Gone are the days you just use fdisk or dparted to re-partition a drive, reboot with a dos diskette and then use dos to format. With many high-cap drives..format does not work very well. Take my 80GB Maxtor here. She is...
  9. bryonhost1

Yes..I suspect as much. Very short fuse too. Let me tell you something about the infamous "OS not found" error in which I was trying to help with. The board owner told this op the sitch was hopeless. All is lost. Buy a new Hard Driive. Not so at all. In fact..I saw this error just last week...
  10. bryonhost1

I beg to differ..it is a record... ..for someone who was not doing anything wrong at all. No spam..no attacks..no disagreements..no crusades. Nope. My only mistake was telling the op this person didn't know what they were talking about (fact) and offered additional advice with more info from...
  11. bryonhost1

Moi? Childish????? Moi? Childish? Heck..I'm almost 43 years old. I think I am entitled to be childish from time to time. Hey..this guy asked for trouble. >>> All I was trying to do is really help this computer Noob for free with his problems. >>> He permabanned me because my...
  12. bryonhost1

Awwww. If I mention it..there is a good chance this slughead will get a boost in his rankings. No..not here. I do not want to see somebody rewarded for bad deeds..and this perma-ban was totally uncalled for. I am game for causing more trouble for this guy, though. BUh-wa-hahahahahaha! Bryon
  13. bryonhost1

Hi! Well..ain't that just ducky. <LOL> I have a new record! I have been banned permanently on a certain other board (not hosting related) only after two days and eight posts. Maaaaannnn! Not to worry, though! Out of the kindness of my heart..I just reported said board for having...
  14. bryonhost1

New Hosting Company Recruiting

Cleared up? For now..it seems. Hi! As much as I dislike even talking about the-other-board...much can be learned about this situation and what happened here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=709159 I'll warn ye..it is a long one. Turns out a certain Skylar was at the...
  15. bryonhost1

Ouch! More Starbuck's closings! NoNooOoO!

Update: Finally...after seeing so many other articles talking about "THE LIST" of closings..finally one who provides a link: http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/?fpn=starbucks%20real%20estate%20savvy%20gone%20bad&GT1=33009 http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/USStoreClosureInfo.pdf...
  16. bryonhost1

Entertainment..a bit different... :)

Hi! Look what I found a few days ago: http://www.drhorrible.com/ It's created by the "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" guy..quite worth a look. Episode 3 will be up tomorrow..but hurry..free viewing ends on Sunday or Monday. Bryon
  17. bryonhost1

Free Domain Name

Hi! Ohho! New opinion! Pay for a domain at godaddy using trialpay. I just did..and quite like Real Player Super Pass as well as the domain they paid for me. Woot! Bryon
  18. bryonhost1

Vps Providers Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aye. I quite like Solaris. I had everything else..so I figured..hey..why not? I started with just OpenSolaris..then got Solaris 10 for free as well. I started out with it just on Vmware..since 2005(8?) fibbed about solaris support. I then decided to add it to Betsy..just to see if there was...
  19. bryonhost1

Hi! Thanks. I'd like to know where it gets that non-working submask: ifcfg-venet0:0 ip_address real.ip.add.ress subnet_mask 255.255.255.255 Most of the time..255.255.255.0 is correct. I have much to learn about linux networking, I do. >>Windows is no problem. Almost all my servers are...
  20. bryonhost1

Hi! Stage two complete. Cpanel setup on server 2 and moved to server 1..no problems. There is something I left out for the new people doing this..make sure you change out the ips in etc/resolv.conf to reflect the needed local nameservers as well as: service named stop service named start...
Back