• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. C

Happy Birthday Czar!

I bumped into Supermoo on LinkedIn a few weeks back. He's out of uni and doing well, but a little unsure as to what the future holds. Hopefully he'll make a return to professional web publishing so that we can see more of him here and at Geek/Talk. He was a talented little cow.
  2. C

Happy Birthday Czar!

You guys are wonderful. I remember when I was the unofficial birthday announcement starter at this forum, and now I'm receiving one years later. Gotta love a community like this! Many thanks for your kind wishes. I hope that Peo, Supermoo, Jan and the rest of the FWS old-timers are all doing...
  3. C

DartServers - Hosting from $4.75/month (150MB/5GB)

Hi Jan. :) Things are going very well. With HostingClicks.com, Dedicated-Hosting.com, HostConnections and Hosting-Forums.com now in operation to varying degrees, the model of a comprehensive hosting network is starting to emerge. The DartServers hosting service is a complement to these...
  4. C

Hosting-Forums.com grand opening

It is with great pleasure that I'm able to extend an invitation to FWS members to post freely at Hosting-Forums.com. Hosting-Forums.com - a discussion board that aims to facilitate productive exchanges of information between web developers and hosting companies - launched just a few hours...
  5. C

DartServers - Hosting from $4.75/month (150MB/5GB)

Earlier this month, we acquired DartServers from its previous owner and are ready to re-open the host's doors for business with two brand-spanking new plans. With over 7 years of experience in web development, and having reached sustained profitability, we are uniquely positioned to maintain...
  6. C

Does shareashale remind you if a merchant goes inactive?

I do not believe so, though I could be wrong being that I had my 'subscription' option deselected until this morning. Nevertheless, you may always view the status of those accounts with which you are affiliated by logging in and clicking on the "Merchant Status Report" tab. This allows you to...
  7. C

Does popuptraffic pay?

http://www.popuptraffic.com/terms.html
  8. C

Affiliatestorm.com?

Have you given ClickXchange or ShareASale a whirl? In which country are you based? India?
  9. C

Affiliatestorm.com?

I'm a little concerned that AffiliateStorm may in fact have blown over. (apologies for the lame pun) Though the site's design was updated earlier this year, and my only payment successfully dispatched during that period (I stopped using them as an affiiate simply because their best offers...
  10. C

Embedded Media Advertising

That's very true. But where ExitExchange's claim is easily dismissed through a presentation of prior art, and because the technology they claim to own is an intrinsic function of Javascript, Unicast's claim is a bit more sturdy. Not only this, but Unicast have revealed that they're...
  11. C

No offense, but were Matt to try and commercially license this technology (which is available from many Javascript repositories at little-to-no cost), he would very likely come up against resistance from Unicast, whose patents have restricted all manner of rich-media players from creating...
  12. C

Pay per impression banners

FastClick would be the best place to start. Beyond that, ClickXchange is worth exploring for filler inventory, but do keep an eye on the status of those individual advertisers that you select as the CPM buyers, in particular, have a habit of disappearing within a matter of weeks.
  13. C

GoClick.com

Which makes the fact that John's pop creative is clearly aimed at general-audience consumers (featuring text links associated with searches for foodstuffs and celebrity 'babes') all the more mysterious... ;)
  14. C

Advertising.com's using similar DHTML spots in association with its banner code presently. From previous discussions it's also clear that you're aware of the similar formats adopted by FastClick (Invue), Yahoo Geocities and all the networks that license tech from Unicast, Eyeblaster, United...
  15. C

Another question....

No. There's really not. I've worked both of those jobs in the past (waaayy in the past ;)), and they're far more noble disciplines than committing fraud online. I just tend to think at times that some people, in their youth and enthusiasm, look at this whole online advertising/web publishing...
  16. C

A question of taxes... (I'm looking at you Jan & Czar)

Those two steps would be perfect in terms of setting you on the right track. Be sure to note down some questions/issues on paper prior to your meeting with the accountant so as to keep the conversation flowing and clarify all of the pressing issues in as efficient a manner as possible. That...
  17. C

Not really. Visiting an accountant is an essential investment for any business person who isn't *very* well versed in accounting principles and practices himself, and a casual visit to discuss issues such as the proper establishment of your business and tax systems should only cost $60-$120...
  18. C

Another question....

Because fraud's illegal, weirds, and by hurting the advertisers who pay the bills by providing them with bogus traffic, independent publishers such as we will continue to suffer from bad press and misconceptions within the media buying community. If you aren't serious about web publishing in...
  19. C

<disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, accountant, financial advisor, etc. Please consult one of the above for clarification and don't take my word as gospel.> Toefur, unfortunately you've received a great deal of inaccurate information thus far. Scratch what you think you know, and start by...
  20. C

Hosting-centric ad network launches

Hey FWSers, I'm pleased to announce that this week marked the launch of a niche advertising network developed to directly service the hosting and technology communities. Presently, we're actively seeking both quality publications for representation, and advertising clients to whom we are...
Back