• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net

Search results

1. Jan

Who is using windows 8?

Any tips for making it easier to use? Especially getting a toolbar on apps! :fork:
  2. Jan

Be careful what you write on facebook

It might come back and bite you :lol: http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/16902396/father-shoots-daughters-laptop-after-disrespectful-facebook-post
  3. Jan

I hurt myself

Tripped over while out walking yesterday and managed an avulsion fracture to my shoulder.
  4. Jan

Moderator Applications Open

Do you have what it takes to be a moderator? Ideally, we would like that: 1. You have been a member for at least a year. 2. A frequent visitor. 3. You are very clear about the rules. 4. You recognise rules abuse and have reported them when you see them. 5. Attention to detail...
  5. Jan

Moderator Applications Open

Do you have what it takes to be a moderator? Ideally, we would like that: 1. You have been a member for at least a year. 2. A frequent visitor. 3. You are very clear about the rules. 4. You recognise rules abuse and have reported them when you see them. 5. Attention to detail...
  6. Jan

Can someone tell me how exactly this works please?
  7. Jan

VPNs - how do they work?

Can someone explain (in sesame street language) how they work. It has been suggested I get one for my upcoming trip to Vietnam. I was there in June and found that so many sites were blocked and it was a battle to find a half decent Australian proxy.
  8. Jan

Site was sooooooooooooooo slow.

Seems to have come good now, but for 20 minutes or so (since I got notified of spam) it was very slow and took me 15 minutes to do about 4 modactions :S Also got this a few times.
  9. Jan

Trick or treat!

Belongs in America, not at my house! I heard a knock at my door tonight and I called out who is there. The reply "Trick or Treat", I said "No thanks, this isn't America!" :auflag:
  10. Jan

$5 domain sold for $350

I bought a bunch of domains a couple of years ago with the intention of making sites. I had some of them parked at sedo while I decided what to do with them and got a surprise today to get an email from sedo saying someone had made an offer. With sedo fees taken off, I will get $350 :banana:
  11. Jan

Aussie Aussie Aussie

oi oi oi Happy Australia Day :beer: :auflag:
  12. Jan

Hey Boss!

Happy Birthday Peo :bd1::bd2::beer:
  13. Jan

Database stuff

Couple of problems. I sold a site a site with a forum recently and the new owner was having problems importing the database. He ended up getting it imported, but the forum didn't reflect the import, instead it was a blank forum. He gave me the login to his control panel yesterday and...
  14. Jan

Freaking Government bureaucrats!

I just had to get that out! pirate2
  15. Jan

How many hosts can be reached if your site is down?

When your site is down is your support email also b0rked? Sure you may have a phone number you can be reached at, but it is no good if your site is down because people can't get your your site to find it. So fess up. Do you have your support email on from your main server?
  16. Jan

Furry Toes

Happy Birthday :bd1::drink::bd2:
  17. Jan

I inadvertently bought a bargain

A couple of months ago I bought a website and whilst I wasn't keen on the way it was presented, I was thinking I would use the domain, but in the meantime, it had a bit of a site that would tide me over till I got around to developing it myself. I bid $5 on it as that was the minimum bid. BIN...
  18. Jan

Seven Years!

I have been in this place! :tired2: For the most part it has enjoyable, colourful, interesting. Came across a few arseholes in that time (but they abound anywhere), but for the most part it great :beer: Thanks all for putting up with me :angel:
  19. Jan

Liz visits Google UK

The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh were reduced to a fit of giggles when they toured the London headquarters of Google and were shown a YouTube video of a laughing baby boy...
  20. Jan

Who is Aaron?

I received this email with the subject "Regarding Your Web Hosting Account with Aaron‏" :confused: