• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Question for dedicated server hosts

Tyler

NLC
I know most people these days can only afford cheap dedis, thats fine. I'm one of those people as well.

What would the diffrence between say... 60 dollars to around say... 300 dollars get you in dedicated servers. Besides hardware I mean, is there really anything else that great about it?. Exactly what would the diffrence be with the bandwith, etc.

And while I do know a lot of people would rather buy cheap dedicated servers, exactly how much do you as the host lose?. Bandwith (Good bandwith anyway) costs quiet a bit now days. Sure, you could get a few good deals in some data centers but theres always going to be an issue with those.

Thanks!.

Not that I'm trying to be rude Erizo, but do you host dedicated servers?. This was a question for the hosts themselfs.

But yeah, thats what I figured. Exactly how much better is the quality though, and in what way?.

I did used to work on a host with dedicated servers. BUT i should suggest you to take my advice, burst experience (threads) + my experience, that's where i'm on.

And again, as an example in quality, take burst. Cheap servers, comes with nightmares.

You get what you pay for. Simple as that. However, it's not always necessary that a costlier server would be better than a cheaper one.

The things that I would look into while buying a server would be in this order :

1. Server specs & Price to performance ratio
2. Support
3. Network

In that order.

Well, im not sure there are any "hosts" here, ony resellers for others.
Ill answer too agreeing with the above basically.

However, more expensive doesnt nessecairily mean its better or you get better support, best thing is to ALWAYS do some research.

Balance the 'budget' server specs provided by the big names with more expensive options for the same thing and see what is promised for the extra money.

It should be quality service, fast response times and backed up by a good guarentee that you will come first should anything bad happen.

So usually proactive management for the higher costs, meaning you don't see anymore than a 'glitch' as the supplier is already fixing any problem that occurs before you notice it's there :)

Hi,
I think it is all about the quality of support, the hardware itself is important, but only if you know what you want to buy. Then it comes the price and how its produced. I think every host should know what forms the prices offered and how far bellow its prices it can go (without affecting the quality of service).

Basically, if you know what do you want and can pay for it, you will get decent service. You cannot expect to receive quality service for a dumped price.

Good Luck :)
A.

The things that I would look into while buying a server would be in this order :

1. Server specs & Price to performance ratio
2. Support
3. Network

Back